A silly question regarding rides...

Started by Komble, June 24, 2015, 11:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

Yeah, start with Big Thunder Mountain (or maybe even Casey Junior if you're completely new to coasters). In my opinion it works up to RC Racer, Indiana Jones, Rock & Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith, Crush's Coaster, and Space Mountain. I suspect most people will put Crush's Coaster before Indiana Jones because Crush has no inversions, but my personal point of view is that Crush is more violent, unpredictable, and uncomfortable.

samuelvictor

I agree that starting with BTM (or even Casey Jr) is a good way to get used to eth coasters and test how comfortable you are with them. Bare in mind that Crush's Coaster is a lot more severe than you may imagine by its kiddy theming - I would also place it as faster/scarier than Indiana Jones  :-[

You won't have any trouble with having your bag under your legs in your seat.

Just to add another name to the list of rides with areas to put your bags, Star Tours has one. And Star Tours is fricken awesome btw, one of our favourites  ;D

Komble

Thanks for all your sweet replies!! I'm feeling much better about the whole thing!!

I have been on Big Thunder Mountain before but I always avoided Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Rock 'n Rollercoaster, Crush's Coaster and Tower of Terror (I think that's all the 'big' ones!) - I very nearly went on Crush's Coaster once but chickened out when the Cast Member outside the ride said yes when I asked if it looped (which I now know was miscommunication!). I haven't been on a looping coaster before - I know its just the thought that is making me anxious and I'll probably love it once I'm on it... I'll be 'forced' on there by my boyfriend anyway!

Star Tours is on my list for sure!!!! I love Star Wars and I believe February may be our last chance to see the 'original' before it is changed.

Again, thanks for all your replies - its helping me to feel less anxious! Hahaha :D

samuelvictor

Quote from: Komble on June 28, 2015, 10:38:02 PM
Star Tours is on my list for sure!!!! I love Star Wars and I believe February may be our last chance to see the 'original' before it is changed.

Yes, many feel that the "old" Star Tours is outdated, and I'm certainly looking forward to the upgrade, but if you are a fan of the original Trilogy I don't see how you can fail to enjoy the original footage - its like a mini "real" Star Wars film make by Lucas in the 80s, shot on film, with "real" effects, not CGI. Its also still a really impressive motion simulator. A huge part of it for my family & I is just the whole experience of queuing up, the pre-show stuff is all amazing, easily the best in the parks. Also another ride with fantastic pre-show, theming and atmosphere is Tower of Terror. I'm sure you'll like it, even if the actual "ride" is quite stomach churning for the uninitiated  ;)