Sequoia Lodge TV question

Started by Senga619, April 15, 2015, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senga619

Hi,
I am going to DLP in August with my family and we were hoping to take a Laptop with us to plug into the TV in our bedroom in Sequoia Lodge - standard room, so we have the option of watching a movie to wind down at the end of the day. I was wondering if anyone knows whether the TV has a HDMI input or RGB input.
Many Thanks.

onceuponadream

Also watching with interest as I have the same question for December!

Is it easy to access the back of the television to plug in an HDMI cable? I've seen that they're in cabinets - so I think it might help both of us to know (sorry for jumping on this, Senga!).
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

Discovery_Mountain

They do have HDMI ports, but I believe like most hotel TVs they are running custom firmware and have all the redundant ports disabled and or have no way to select a different input source other then the RF port.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

TappyFish

Quote from: Matty88 on April 15, 2015, 10:51:31 PM
They do have HDMI ports, but I believe like most hotel TVs they are running custom firmware and have all the redundant ports disabled and or have no way to select a different input source other then the RF port.

This. The question was asked on another forum recently and while there are ports on the televisions, they are redundant and sometimes inaccessible. Seems a shame really as the amount of people who often say they'd like to watch a movie in the evening. Given that most of the channels aren't English to begin with, it would be nice to see Disney offer a movie channel in English/French/German, even if it was at an additional cost. I'd pay for it just to be able to watch something in the evening while winding down.