Crush's Coaster is on my son's bucket list - tips?

Started by Mrsya, April 05, 2015, 08:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Our third trip coming up next month and we have never even attempted to queue for Crush. We've never discussed it or even considered it due to mammoth waiting times. My son has now decided he definitely wants to try it this time and says we can just take a sandwich in the queue with us!

My question is does anyone have any hints or tips for quieter times. We're staying tues-sat. Thanks.

NCC1701Q

Hi there Mrsya,

there are some things I noticed in WDS:
- when the parc opens, everyone seems to be heading towards Ratatouille. Most people walk straight towards Studio Tram Tours and then take a right towards the Toy Story area;
- the only thing that seems to draw a lot of people at the same time is the Stunt Show Spectacular.

So you might have more success at Crush Coaster:
- directly when WDS opens and you head straight towards it;
- at the end of the Stunt Show, say 5 minutes before it ends (then there might have been fewer people joining the queue for the last 30 minutes so it might be shorter).

I hope you get to ride it next visit!

justlikewedreamedit-xo

When I visited in December we arrived at wds between 9.30/9.45. The gates to the park open early, so you are able to start queuing for attractions then. The queue started moving at 10, after which we only had to wait 5 minutes. I know that still sounds like a lot if hanging around, but at least then it is over and done with at the start of the day :)

Sulley15

We went to WDS when it opened you need to get up early, we arrived at 930 and the queue was massive. If you do ratatouille there is 2 queues just make sure you know which one you are in. Left is the ride and right for fast pass, this queue is is right up to toy land entrance...
New York hotel March 2013
Cheyenne February 2015
Newport bay Compass room February 2017

marf91

I always go there first thing in the morning (before the park opens) about 9:30. The longest I've probably waited from that point in summer is to be on the ride by about 10:30 at the latest. I think the morning is the best.
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

beachbaby

Hi, we were there last week and queued as we went in the park about 10 and it said 20 minutes. Hubby went for fast pass ratatouille tickets and it was 30 minutes when He got back, we had been on by the time 30 minutes had passed. My advice would be a weekday as weekends are mental. Enjoy your trip xx

amanda08

The best way to do Crush when the parks are busy:

Get in line at studio gates at 9.15am at the latest
Gates open at 9.30am
Have one of your party run through to the queue for Crush (my 10 year old DS is great at this lol)
Everybody else fast walk and join the front runner in the queue (lots of people do this so dont worry about "pushing in"
Crush opens at 10am
Get on ride by 10.05
Enjoy the rest of your day :-D

This always works for us and the added benefit is you are not wasting park time queueing as nothing is open till 10am in the studios anyway and if you want to do EMH in the main park you get the benefit of the quietest hour there before heading to the studios :)