Eating on a budget

Started by Rapunzelwannabe, January 15, 2015, 09:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapunzelwannabe

Hi guys - 3 sleeps till our trip!! Anyway, didn't buy meal vouchers as you had to buy for kids as well and our kids just don't eat enough to warrant the cost (we always share meals when out) so where's the best budget restaurants while we're there?
Disneyland Paris - January 2015
Disneyland Hong Kong - September 2007

daddyof2

If you're really looking to eat cheaply, the shops at Marne-la-vallee station are meant to be cheapest, then Earl of sandwich and McDonalds in the village. In the parks, the counter service restaurants can provide a reasonable cheaper option - though much of it is "fast food" type fare. A lot of people swear by the buffet restaurants to eat as much as possible. In general, avoid the a la carte, table service restaurants if cost is important

stecal

hi when i last went i got fed up of paying for meals for my daughter as she hardly ate a thing so for a few cheap meals we went to mc donalds,earl of sandwich and other counter service restaurants as then i could buy just what she wanted rather than pay for a set meal/buffet

Rapunzel1

We also do not buy vouchers. They are not worth it. We travel with four children. We usually eat at counter restaurants and we bring a bag with our own snacks and packages of drinks. So we eat breakfast at our hotel. Usually pretty late. Eat our own snacks and drink our own drinks between breakfast and lunch. Then eat a late lunch. Our favorite restauants are Hakuna Matata and Colonel Hathi. You can easily share the pizza over there. And we always take a set menu. Those are much cheaper. Sometimes we order extra nuggets but we share the huge drinks and fries. For a family of six we usually order four menu's and one or two things extra. That is enough to drink and eat for all of us.

Because we eat a late lunch we usually settle for a smaller dinner. Like a hotdog at Casey's or a muffin and a drink. If we are still hungry we opt for the lunch variety.

We never go fo the buffets. Far too expensive and with four children they are not that much fun. They always want something and then we have to walk with them. In the end no one eats much. They only reastaurant we always eat at is the Rainforest cafe. Children love it there and is not included in the dinner plan anyway. Children's meals are not that expensive over there. And the have really nice pasta meals.

Rapunzelwannabe

Thanks everyone - will jot those names down x
Disneyland Paris - January 2015
Disneyland Hong Kong - September 2007

stifle

If you can hack it try eating a big breakfast, going for lunch around 2:30 or 3 and again eat plenty at an all you can eat buffet, then you might get away with snacks for dinner.