How do you get eurostar cheap + connecting rooms

Started by polar vixen, September 22, 2014, 10:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Hi again, a couple of wonderings, I keep thinking about how cheap it is to go Jan/Feb (can anyone tell I'm desperate?!) Anyway, pricing up for 5 days mon-fri, at Davy crockett comes in at £650 without dining plan.  Adding a dining plan brings it up to about £900.  BUT we really didn't want to drive in winter weather, but a room that sleeps 6 at Santa Fe was approx. £1500!  It was suggested though that we could instead ask for 2 connecting rooms, which works out at £650 :o (again not including food, but this would mean that we wouldn't have to drive.  When I look at Eurostar though, that adds on about £500!   (we are 2 adults, a 15 yr old, 9, 5, and 4 year old, + baby)  This takes it to over a grand without food!  (our last hol which was 6 nights/7 days in June cost £1500 with food) and we went by derry which was substantially cheaper, soooooooooo I've heard you can get really cheap deals on Eurostar, how do you find them?  Have I actually got a good deal considering how many of us there are?
AND can you get connecting rooms anywhere else? - the Cheyenne for instance?

SUTHEL3

Sequoia Lodge does connecting rooms. We've requested that for our visit. Just ran a quick quote though the disney website and Newport Bay is £658.98 for mon-fri,last week in jan. Excluding travel as I don't know where you'll be going from. I stayed there last year and it was lovely. Still some works going on but I believe they dont let you into the disruptive part so you shouldn't have a problem. Worth a look :)

littlebitofpixiedust

As far as I'm aware all on site have interconnecting rooms we request these on booking. We've always been granted interconnecting rooms in Santa fe, Cheyenne, NBC, sequioa and DLH. So should be fine! Have a wonderful time and I'd agree with you Eurostar over driving any day it's so easy :)

polar vixen

WOW!, That's the same price just about as santa fe!  WOW!!!!!!! OK, I'm definitely considering this now, even if not for next year but the year after, my daughter will be sitting some igcses in January, so this would be a nice treat for afterwards.  Thank you sooooo much! 
Any tips on how early/how to get cheap Eurostar?

littlebitofpixiedust

We've just booked feb (half term) and it wasn't cheap! But it is half term week so.. But the earlier you book the better. We 9/10 get ours £69 per adult return with Eurostar directly just call them! :)

jackieann

Eurostar sometimes do email offers, make sure you have signed up to receive them but its the waiting to see if they do them for your dates.....  have you looked at going indirect and changing at Lille should save some money there.