Tiny secrets of magic in the park

Started by Robin, August 04, 2014, 03:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin

Apparently, one of the skulls in the PotC ride is a real one, or is that a myth?

Quote from: samuelvictor on August 10, 2014, 08:12:56 PM
I don't know if it counts as a secret, but we were very excited and surprised the first time we discovered the Dragon under the castle. I think that's a really nice touch. We felt the same about the fact you can go upstairs and see the windows, book etc. My wife was used to going to Florida as a child and essentially just walking through he castle there.

That dragon is amazing. Wouldn't it be great though if it was Ursula's cave...

DisneyRon

well the trouble with that is that the cave is themed to match the castle above.

Now as for the suggestion of putting up Tritons palace somewhere with Ursula in a cave below it, I'm all for it. ;D
However, I'd like to keep Sleeping Beauty's Castle as the park centre-piece. :)

msRavenswood

Quote from: Robin on August 14, 2014, 05:10:40 PM
Apparently, one of the skulls in the PotC ride is a real one, or is that a myth?

It's actually found in Disneyland California. It's the scene where the skeleton captain is looking through a magnifying glass. If you look closely, the skull and crossbones attached to the headboard of his bed are darker in colour and more aged than the rest of the skeletons on the ride, which makes people believe they are a real person's bones.

twentythingamabobs

I was soooo excited to discover a hidden mickey all on my own for the first time on my latest trip, I couldn't believe how thrilled I was ha ha! If you're interested, it is in Crush's Coaster. If you are sitting in the front seat, look quite high up at the wall directly in front of you just before you turn left to go up the lift hill. There are "balloons" together that form the Mickey!

Robin

I've just read that there is a door in the L'enchanteur Merlin shop that leads to rhe dragon. Is that true? Where is the door;  I musthabe missed it  :)

lindavdende

Yes that is true. Basically its across from the entrance door to the shop. Enter the shop and keep to your right and you will find it at the end of the store