Hunters Grill buffet

Started by Lucyloo, July 16, 2014, 06:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucyloo

Hi All,

Staying at Sequoia Lodge next March and we're planning to eat cheaply.  However thought we'd have a decent meal on the last night and with the Hunter's Grill being in our hotel, wanted some opinions on whether the meal was worth the money and what the choices were like?  Slightly begrudge paying for a child's meal when my son will probably only eat a handful if that, depending on whether or not there's anything he likes.

Thanks,

HFJohnson

We ate there in May and really enjoyed it. From memory we had to choose from...

Starters
Various salad items (potato salad, tomatoes etc)
Sliced ham
Smoked Salmon
Couscous or pasta salad

Mains
Tortellini pasta in a creamy sauce
Baked salmon
Sliced lamb or beef
Dauphinoise potatoes
Baked potatoes
A couple of veg choices
Fish and chicken nuggets
Chipolatas
Chips
Plain pasta with tomato sauce to add if you want to (I think)

Puddings
Loads to choose from!
Various tarts and cakes
Pancakes with sauces
Fruit salad
Ice creams
Sweets

There were more choices than that but that's all I can remember. All the food was really nice though.

If you fancy a buffet but want somewhere a bit cheaper I can also recommend Plaza Gardens in the main park.

SGregory27

We ate there once this year and have decided to eat dinner in there every night next year.

the only things I can add are

Starters
olives
prawns

Mains
Baked Gammon
Spicy Potato wedges

Desserts
Floating Island (soft meringues poached in custard) but they sold out of them when I went back  :(
Black forest Gateau
Jelly cubes
mini Doughnuts

We had booked for 6pm when they opened I went round with the kids and got my food and had some lovely lamb but by the time DH went up the lamb was all gone and they had gammon and they brought out two more gammons while we were in there. so DH wasn't happy

I found my kids eat less at Disney as they are to tried to be bothered but DD2 is under3 so free in buffets and she eats off my plate in tablet service restaurants.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL