help with hotel

Started by heyshamcouple, June 12, 2014, 01:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heyshamcouple

Been several times now..have stopped at sl in lodges and Montana rooms, however my wife is not so good on her feet these days. We are looking at going in January and the price is the same for admiral floor npb or golden forest sl.  Which would you choose and why.....?

Rapunzel1

We stayed on the admiral's floor at NPB. The elevators are a short walk from the reception. The admirals rooms are on the 7th (and 8th ?) floor. But the hallways are very, very long. If you are close to the elevators it will be fine but had to walk quite a distance. It is also far to go from the admiral's floor to the swimming pool.

Of course I do not know how far your wife can walk but NPB is not a small hotel. We loved it by the way. The long hallways did remind us of the movie the shining but the rooms were nice. We loved the swimming pool. The breakfast area was nice as well.

SGregory27

SL has that nice big fireplace in bar so for January thats perfect.
we have alway stayed in SL but did stay in npb one time but found it missing the atmosphere of SL.
Doing GF for 1st time next Feb so can't help with which club level would be better.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

heyshamcouple

Thanks for the effort to answer my question. My wife has M.E. ...now one more question have tried using the search function on here but can anyone point me to some golden forest reviews

msRavenswood

There are some reviews on tripadvisor that you might find helpful.

Sonyak3

This is the listing I got off my travel agent highlighting the benefits of d GF.i have never stayed in this hotel so can't give review but have asked for advise on weather or not to upgrade on this forum and no one seemed to say a bad word about it so I decided to give it a go..saying that I'm not payin a massive amount for upgrade.
There are 124 of these GOLDEN FOREST ROOMS
You get..Tea and coffee  ,upgraded bed linen   and mini fridge.
Private check in ,private Golden forest  lounge ..room service and luggage delivery
American   Buffet breakfast   where the kids meet the Disney charcters
Relaxing area where soft drinks and snacks are served..
I do think the character meets at breakfast is going in November though.

glenn

Type golden forest room sequoia lodge and there is a video showing a tour of SL and they show a clip of the gf room.
There are quite a few interesting videos of all the hotels.