buzzs laser blast ?

Started by irishbhoy1888, June 09, 2014, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbhoy1888

I went to disneyland Paris in Nov 2012 , the first attraction we got on was buzzs lazerblast .
First off , ive been to wdw and the lazerblast ride there so i know how it should work .But when I started queuing I noticed that the animatronic buzz was covered up with a curtain so that was disappointing as I was with my son on his first trip to any disneyland .
The real stinker came when we actually boarded the ride !
The bloody thing must of stopped at least 20 times from start to finish , what's that all about ?
Everytime it stopped a voice came on with emergency lighting , it lasted a few seconds and then the ride started again .. It got to the point where I just wanted to get off the thing .
Has anybody ever come across this ?
It annoyed me so much that I went into the town hall office and asked what was going on , his reply was that the ride stops to facilitate people in wheel chairs getting on .
While I have absolutely no problem with disabled people getting on rides there was no way that many disabled people were riding at once .as I said at least 20 times it stopped, as I said I was in wdw and experienced how the ride should operate .
I will be back in dlrp next week and my question is this normal for this ride to operate like this ?

msRavenswood

I've never experienced a malfunction. You were probably unlucky! Fingers crossed everything's fine on your next visit!  :D

irishbhoy1888

Is the buzz animatronic working now ?

polar vixen

We've had it stop at least once every time we've been on, but no more than that.

msRavenswood

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 09, 2014, 02:57:02 PM

If I'm not mistaken it is. If you are on Facebook you can like Dlrp Express and Disneyland Paris - Fans , they post updates everyday. They are both in french, but it's nothing that Google translate can't do.  ;)  There is also InsideDLParis which is in english.  :D

SGregory27

Buzz in the entrance was working in April when we went.  The ride does have to stop to let disabled riders on.
but when we went in April we went to go on buzz 10 mins before closing one night and it kept stopping, so the cm asked us to get off as there was a fault and they couldn't get the ride to stay on.

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

Mrsya

We must have gone on this 20 times in May and it worked perfectly every time bar one where we kept stopping - just meant I got a score of 232,000!!  ;)

irishbhoy1888

Quote from: Mrsya on June 10, 2014, 11:28:16 AM
We must have gone on this 20 times in May and it worked perfectly every time bar one where we kept stopping - just meant I got a score of 232,000!!  ;)

Let's hope I get the same standard this time round or I won't be happy  :)

WalkerboyUK

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 09, 2014, 02:57:02 PM

Yes, it's working.  Was covered up the first 2 days we were there at end of May, but by the 3rd day it was opened up.
With regards to the ride stopping - make the most of it and rack up points!!  Stopped once while I was on it with my son, for 2/3 minutes and I just sat there shooting at targets.  Racked up a 460,000+ score, compared to the 20,000 on my previous go where it didn't stop!

irishbhoy1888

Yes it probably Just stopped once to accommodate a disabled person to get on , but when I was there it kept stopping and nothing would work .!!
So no points racked up for me  :'(

A&S&O

It stops sometimes, make the most of it and rack up some points and have a good look around.
When Buzz's curtain is drawn, we used to tell our sone that it was because he was asleep.

The Paris version of the ride is much better that the other versions. The blasters are on cables, rather than being fixed and the scoring is more complex / fun - circles, triangles, squares and diamonds.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: irishbhoy1888 on June 09, 2014, 02:47:37 PM
I went to disneyland Paris in Nov 2012 , the first attraction we got on was buzzs lazerblast .
First off , ive been to wdw and the lazerblast ride there so i know how it should work .But when I started queuing I noticed that the animatronic buzz was covered up with a curtain so that was disappointing as I was with my son on his first trip to any disneyland .
The real stinker came when we actually boarded the ride !
The bloody thing must of stopped at least 20 times from start to finish , what's that all about ?
Everytime it stopped a voice came on with emergency lighting , it lasted a few seconds and then the ride started again .. It got to the point where I just wanted to get off the thing .
Has anybody ever come across this ?
It annoyed me so much that I went into the town hall office and asked what was going on , his reply was that the ride stops to facilitate people in wheel chairs getting on .
While I have absolutely no problem with disabled people getting on rides there was no way that many disabled people were riding at once .as I said at least 20 times it stopped, as I said I was in wdw and experienced how the ride should operate .
I will be back in dlrp next week and my question is this normal for this ride to operate like this ?

As for regularly stopping, you can be certain that a number of disabled visitors were needing to get on, as there are nearly always people waiting in the boarding area allocated for less abled guests, although it is of course distinctly possible that the ride may also have broken down more than it should have!

I always look forward to the Buzz ride stopping, in case I'm within range of a triangle target or maybe a couple of diamonds I can keep hitting ;-) .
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

~sarahjayne~

We were there end of July last year and they were having so many problems with it. Twice we had to get off the ride and walk out on different days. Fingers crossed this summer it's working fine

itslizi

When I experience Buzz's Laser Blast last, it did stop numerous times. I wasn't annoyed by this, I just used it to my advantage and fired at the targets whilst I was moving whilst aiming.