Advice for birthday in december / christmas rooms

Started by Spacepilot, November 22, 2013, 01:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacepilot

We are going this December and staying in the Cheyenne. It's also my wife's birthday on the day of arrival (we arrive in the morning).
I thought maybe they offer something extra for such an occasion. I heard something about balloons, birthday cake, a badge but not exactly how/when/where to get it. So my questions are:

-What exactly is available for birthday (for adults)?
-When is it available (whole day?)
-Is something available at the Cheyenne (like balloons our room, ...)?
-Where/how do I book it? How much in advance? If I have to book in advance, does anyone have the right phone number(s)?
-In which restaurants/hotels exactly is the birthday cake available?
-What is the extra cost of the "birthday extras"? Is there also something available for free?

-And since we are going in the Christmas season: I heard they offer Christmas rooms. Is this also available for Cheyenne or only NY, DLH? If it is available, how/when do I upgrade and what are the costs?

Any advice is very much appreciated. :)

gemma2806

Firstly the Christmas rooms are only available in the HNY and DLH sorry about that.

Birthdays is definitely an interesting topic! I booked my upcoming trip as a surprise present for my other half (his birthday was on the 1st Nov and we arrive on the 24th Nov). We're staying on the Sequoia Lodge hotel and so I emailed them about 8 weeks before we arrive to ask about birthday extras for an adult. They asked me to email back 4 weeks before we were due to arrive. I did this and requested what extras they could do for an adult birthday. I won't actually find out if anything has been done until we get there as for some reason they didn't respond to my last email. However the information provided in the initial email advised they would consider requests but they only did birthday packages for boys and girls up to the age of 12 and these seemed extortionate for what you were offered. I recommend that you do contact them directly and ask what is available.

I've read other peoples trip reports who have had extras for adult birthdays such as balloons, a card etc in the room without booking anything in advance. I've read of people who have had free plush toys as gifts in the bed, also without booking in advance. I think it depends on the hotel and who you manage to get hold of by email as to whether anything will be done. I'll let you know when I get back if anything has been done for us.

All Buffet and Table Service Restaurants will provide a birthday cake but you must either book it in advance or as soon as you arrive. The cakes cost €25 and you can take them away with you. If you want a quieter birthday experience then don't go to Cafe Mickey as they seem to have a birthday happen every 5 mins during busy times and I think this takes away from the occasion.

Spacepilot

Thank you very much for your advice gemma2806! Did you have a good "Birthday Experience" during your stay?

I meanwile was able to ask in the Cheyenne what they offer for "special occasions". I first wrote an e-mail to guest care, and they replied to me that I should call the Cheyenne. When I called, they told me I should write an e-mail to them  ::) Here is the e-mail adress for the Cheyenne: DLP.CHY.FRONT.OFFICE@disney.com (It seems to be the same for every hotel except the "CHY" bit.)
Nothing for free available like you mentioned, despite me mentioning having been about 15 times before in dlp hotels.
I have to think about the packages, because I think they are way too pricy for what they are. Below you can see what they offer:
Little Birthday Package - Garçon :                  prix :   69.00 €

1 peluche Mickey 15"                        
1 Autograph book ( satndard )                        
1 stylo autograph book                        
pièces en chocolat                        
10 bonbons.                        
5 ballons multicolores gonflés à l'hélium                        
Carte de l'hôtel Happy Birthday                        

Little Birthday Package - Fille :                     prix :   69.00 €

1 peluche Minnie 15"                        
1 Autograph book ( satndard )                        
1 stylo autograph book                        
10 pièces en chocolat                        
10 bonbons.                        

Little Teen Birthday Package - Garçon                  prix :   69.00 €

Cahier Flocker Noir                        
Trousse Flocker Noir                        
Porte Clef Mickey pewter                        
Cadre Mickey Château                        
10 pièces en chocolat                        
10 bonbons.                        

Little Teen Birthday Package - Fille                  prix :   69.00 €

Cahier Flocker Rose                        
Trousse Flocker Rose                        
Porte Clef Minnie pewter                        
Cadre Mickey Château                        
10 pièces en chocolat                        
10 bonbons.                        

Adult Birthday                     prix :   109.00 €

Cadre Cœur Mickey- Minnie                        
Champagne 75cl Chanoine                        
Assortiments salés                        
Boite de chocolats                        

Romantic Occasion                     prix :   109.00 €

9 Roses Rouges                        
Champagne 75cl Chanoine                        
Assortiments salés                        
Boite de chocolats                        
2 ballons cœurs rouges                        

haribosmum

As above, there are packages that need prebooking/paying.  You will need to fax/email a copy of your credit card to do these which was all fine when we did it last year.  I went on my birthday a couple of years ago, my tip is to wear a birthday badge.  The cast members were all wishing me happy birthday.  Plus if you go to city hall you can have a birthday phone call with Mickey Mouse :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Spacepilot

Do you mean the birthday badge from city hall? Can I get it for my wife (her birthday) and give it to her or do you have to be there in person and "prove" it's your birthday?