Planning ahead - some questions

Started by SVioletS, September 17, 2013, 12:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SVioletS

I know i still have a long wait until our next trip, but i've got some questions for which i would like your advice/opinion/experience:

1. First night we will be staying offsite, we're considering one of the following hotels: L'Elysee Val d'Europe; Adagio Hotel; Kyriad... Which do you recommend and why? ;) FYI we will arrive mid afternoon and we're 2 adults and 2 girls aged 6almost7 ;) and 3.

2. As for meal plans, i'm considering either Half Board Plus or Full Board Standard (we would use our dinner vouchers for their face value...) I've always gone Full Board (standard i guess) included in "free meals" package deals. So i'm not really sure which one is the best option...
Also, where can i find updated prices for meal plans?

3. My daughter will turn 7 during our stay, and of course i want her to have a birthday cake. Just don't know where? Café Mickey? Cowboy Cookout? Auberge de Cendrillon? Please share experiences!! Also, she doesn't like chocolate cake. Is it possible to choose another flavour such as vanilla?

4. Finally... Private shuttles from/to Orly airport? We usually use VEA navettes, but we always wait such a long time that i was wondering if there is any other recommended service.

Thank so much! :) Does it show how much i'm looking forward to this trip? :D

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

orangarnold

I'm staying at the Kyriad in three weeks, so I can let you know what its like once Im back?

SVioletS

Sure! :) Thanks! I hope you have a great time! Last year in October the park was so beautiful!! It's a great time to visit!

orangarnold

Hi,

As promised, just back from the Kyriad. I would say for children its probably not the best hotel as minus a soft play area and some pay for games there is very little activity wise for children. I don't know about facilities at the others though.

You do have the benefit of a shuttle bus to the parks though, there's one every ten minutes or so and the journey is less than 10 minutes to the park depending on pick ups at other hotels.

If you get a room rate with breakfast there is a selection of yoghurts, cereals, meats, cheese, bread and pastries. There are also sausages and mini omelettes.

SVioletS

orangarnold

Quote from: SVioletS on October 14, 2013, 11:52:42 PM
Thank you! :) How was your trip?

It was good, minus it simply being a short 2 day break I have no complaints.

SVioletS

Well 2 day break is better than no break :) and if everything went well even better! We went last October and the park was beautiful! How was it this year? Anything new? :)

idylles

I recommend L'Elysee.  I've been there, and it was perfect.  Also super close to the metro. 

I haven't ordered meals like that or have a child turn 7 so I can't say anything about that.
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Mac

Was in cafe Mickey a month ago and there just happened to be three birthdays all in a row. I noticed that all the cakes were chocolate so not sure if they have another option.

Also saw the funniest thing as Minnie was waiting around to do one of the Birthday cake deliveries while Mickey was doing another she was play fighting with the manager and basically ended up wrestling her to the ground! ºoº

Meal plan info here: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

Also something that I noticed while i was scanning that page. Meal plans are meant to save you upto 10% but if you have an annual pass then you will always save exactly 10% on dining in all Disney locations and some in the Village too. Same discount, more flexibility and if you are going to use face value and pay the extra on upgraded menus then it should work out better as you will save 10% on the whole bill. [size=78%]ºoº[/size]
ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº

orangarnold

Minus the weather I can't complain, there were the Halloween bits which were beautiful and a vast improvement on last years. It was very quiet when I went, 15 minute queue max for Crushes coaster!

SVioletS

Too bad about the weather, :( last year we had rainy and wet, we had sun, we had winter like days (well at least the kind of winter i am used to!) and pure and simple hot summer day, all in 5 days stay!

Mac, Café Mickey is always fun! Last year Goofy break danced to us!:) Since DD birthday is on a sunday i wonder if Inventions sunday brunch is worth it...

About annual passes... i wish! :) we won't go again in 2014, and in April we will stay onsite in SL, so i don't think it's a good deal for us! I wish we could go more often, but having to fly to Paris just doesn't help! Maybe i should consider buying some shares :D

orangarnold

Quote from: SVioletS on October 15, 2013, 10:50:31 PM
Too bad about the weather, :( last year we had rainy and wet, we had sun, we had winter like days (well at least the kind of winter i am used to!) and pure and simple hot summer day, all in 5 days stay!

Mac, Café Mickey is always fun! Last year Goofy break danced to us!:) Since DD birthday is on a sunday i wonder if Inventions sunday brunch is worth it...

About annual passes... i wish! :) we won't go again in 2014, and in April we will stay onsite in SL, so i don't think it's a good deal for us! I wish we could go more ofte[size=78%]n, but having to fly to Paris just doesn't help! Maybe i should consider buying some shares[/size] :D

I'm one of those that doesn't mind the weather as long as its dry, but it was drizzle all day. Thankfully as I have a health problem meaning I can't stand self supported for long I had a disability pass so I managed to avoid a lot of queues in the open.