Pay for children's meals under 3 years old?

Started by jamesmehew7, July 29, 2013, 06:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesmehew7

Hi, i have been looking at the food menus for the resturants in disneyland paris and most of the childrens menus state 'For children 3 to 11 years'. So does this mean we do not need to pay for a meal for an under 3 year old? or are they just assuming the child would share the parents food and wouldnt have their own meal? Our son will be 1 month away from being 3 when we go next year and we are confused as to weather we would order him a meal or not?

Kristof

Hi James, please post these kind of questions in our special Trip Planning board, that's where all the experts are!

never2old

Quote from: "jamesmehew7"Hi, i have been looking at the food menus for the resturants in disneyland paris and most of the childrens menus state 'For children 3 to 11 years'. So does this mean we do not need to pay for a meal for an under 3 year old? or are they just assuming the child would share the parents food and wouldnt have their own meal? Our son will be 1 month away from being 3 when we go next year and we are confused as to weather we would order him a meal or not?

If you go to a buffet restaurant, your son won't need to pay (it's free for children under 3). However if you get him a meal at a fast food or table service restaurant, you will need to pay for it.

gemma2806

We had the same dilemma when we took our son last year. He turned 3 only 5 days after getting back off our hols!

You get a plate at buffet restaurants to load up on free food for your child. Table Service restaurants DO offer free food for under 3s but it is very limited, for example at the Blue Lagoon Restaurant my son had a choice of a plate of salad or a plate of chips! At the counter service restaurants you would need to buy a meal.

I monitored how hungry my son was as to whether I got the free meal in the Table Service Restaurants or paid for a meal for him. As the meals here are for children up to pre-teens some of the portion sizes were far too big for a little one and quite expensive if he wasn't having a hungry day!

tinkswishes

Quote from: "gemma2806"We had the same dilemma when we took our son last year. He turned 3 only 5 days after getting back off our hols!

You get a plate at buffet restaurants to load up on free food for your child. Table Service restaurants DO offer free food for under 3s but it is very limited, for example at the Blue Lagoon Restaurant my son had a choice of a plate of salad or a plate of chips! At the counter service restaurants you would need to buy a meal.

I monitored how hungry my son was as to whether I got the free meal in the Table Service Restaurants or paid for a meal for him. As the meals here are for children up to pre-teens some of the portion sizes were far too big for a little one and quite expensive if he wasn't having a hungry day!

It depends on the server. We went when my daughter was 19 months and she got a free meal in Auburge and Walts, Cafe Mickey charged us. We returned only 6 months later and Auburge then charged us half the childs price for just the main so no starter and only half of the deserts.