When does Disneyland have the most magical atmosphere?

Started by disneyismylifeok, July 17, 2013, 01:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyismylifeok

I have been twice. I have been at Christmas time and in April when it was particularly quite hot, humid and sunny. The skies were clear and blue. Since my April visit, I can't help but feel the park is 100% nicer in the sun. The light of the sun hides any flaws and makes the place appear brighter and more colouful, the way Disneyland should be. It made me feel, particularly on Main Street really REALLY like I was in America which is the point right? It was lovely, making it feel more magical and convincing me to never go in the cold again. However that being said, there is something beautiful and magical about Christmas time too. The decorations are lovely and the Christmas music is too. The wet and damp does, for me, take away from it slightly but then sometimes I think "actually no, it makes it even more magical anf beautiful." It's so hard to decide and I guess there are pros and cons to all seasons. What's your opinion?

Also if you disagree and think the park is as magical and atmospheric all year round, whatever the weather, then please do say! If so, then when is your favourite time to go and why? Does weather not bother you at all? Please do go into detail  :)

BASICALLY I'M JUST ASKING OVERALL WHICH TIME OF YEAR IS THE PINACLE OF EXPERIENCE?

spacemountainplatypi

That's a tough question, Christmas has its charm and is probably when the park is most magical. The past few Halloween parties haven't been particularly good, due to lacklustre decorations.
I think i'd have to go with Christmas.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

captain rocket

I diasgree with spacemountainplatypus, last year the decorations for Halloween were superb, not as good as the days of the Pumpkin men, but very clever and enjoyable. Rumours for this year are for a small parade several times a day like last years Christmas parades which would bring Halloween back to where it should be! I will be there for Halloween this year to see what it is like.
Having said that, I still think Christmas is the most magical time! Then again, I have never been at a time when you could,nt find a reason to say this is the best time because...... I am off on the 29th and it will be hot and overcrowded, but will have a great atmosphere!
DLRP is great at any time of the year!!!!

Fluffymilly

I love Christmas too but I never stay as long as we do in the summer. I eventually get fed up with having to wear so many layers of clothes then peeling them off every time we go indoors! I love going in the summer for a longer break, about a week if I can afford it. Then it doesn't matter if we just want to sit and absorb the lovely Disney atmosphere for a while instead of dashing around. I love the long evenings, wandering around the quieter places. I love the night lights outside Hakuna Matata. The Swiss Family Robinson Tree is amazing in the dark too. In the summer I love sitting on the pavement with an ice-cream waiting for the parade, again not so appealing in the winter! This year for the first time we are going for the fireworks in Nov instead. I hope this isn't a huge mistake as we won't have warm weather or Christmas!! has anyone got any experiences to share about Firework night?

MissDisneyisMagical

for me its always Christmas
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Zee79

It's magical all year round for me- been summer, Christmas and May times but when i hear 'chant C'est Noel' playing i get a tingly feeling :-)