Honey I shrunk the audience

Started by Reiana, March 02, 2007, 04:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiana

I was watching the pre-show on youtube and was shocked  :shock:
Well, maybe it is just my bad memory, but can it be? Have they changed the pre-show from  "Honey I shrunk the audience!"?
Wasn't there a short video starring Eric Idle, talking about flying debris and safety goggles (3D glases).
But now, there is only some kind of diashow.
Am I wrong or is it different?  :?

Anthony

They changed it a few years ago to match the newer US version - a series of Kodak adverts about frogs at weddings and lost dogs.  The Eric Idle bit remains - well, some of it - they lost that nice "live news report" from inside the theatre too.

They installed plasma screens at the same time, about the only good thing.  The adverts are the worst I have ever ever seen.

Reiana

Horrible. The pre-show was one of my favourites  :(
They must have changed it after summer 2003. It was the last time I was
in DLRP:
So HISTA wont be the same for me.  :(
Thanks Baloo  :D

swity

Lol, i think I might be the only one who thinks they are really funny....but by the way...I think Honey I shrunk the audience is really funny...but I wouldn't mind if it would be the Micheal Jackson movie again...Somehow I miss it..

Reiana

Captain Eo was nice too that's true. I liked it very much. But I think HISTA is a good replacement.

speedpacket

HISTA remains incredible good, and if you don't take my word for it, just visit again next time you go to DLP with someone that has never been there before...

I went there again a few weeks ago with someone that never saw it before, and man - did he jump out of his seat - it was simply hilarious to see how people react to some of the great effects on the show...

Regaring the preshow - you are so right.  I personally like the true colours song as well, but then again: compared to the kodak ads, ANYTHING would be great.  I don't know why kodak believes such a long ad is increasing their brand awareness at all...

And yes - Captain EO was one of my favourites too - too bad I only saw it about 3 times or so, since it was really good!!!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!