2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

Festival Disney

Quote from: "electricdreams"get a life...lol
I enjoy having no life   :-"

Back on topic now... that picture above was from "The Grand Opening of Euro Disney" which was filmed a few days before the parks opening... but this picture taken on April 11th (1992) shows the other style of window  :?
strange...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

pussinboots

I think Dan Brown could write a book about this.

montaguewarner

Perhaps there's an interesting tale to tell over the Disneyland Hotel Window which would mysteriously change style over night from day to day!
I'm reading too much into this aren't I! :D
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

EmilieK

Probably, but a little imagination has never hurt anyone. :)

tubbsy

Quote from: "pussinboots"I think Dan Brown could write a book about this.
:lol: The next best seller!! The Disney Code! Its OK guys I'll accept the female lead role in the film and help Tom Hanks solve the mystery!  :roll:  :lol:
This thread is exactly why my hubby thinks we're all a bunch of spotters! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

disneyrules

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"As Donald would say, ah phoey !!! I'll be King Louie's Uncle before I update the drawing I did.

That is a really good picture pete.
it looks fantastic.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

luke85

Quote from: "disneyrules"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"As Donald would say, ah phoey !!! I'll be King Louie's Uncle before I update the drawing I did.

That is a really good picture pete.
it looks fantastic.
I agree, it's so intricate, well done! :D

SwipatronSparks

hehe the urge to write a sherlock holmes fan fiction based aorund this is killing me, but i cant seem to be able to come up with a feasable plot line, basicaly.... i have an opening and thats about it... XD
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

penfold12

I know im quite sad, and I know it will have no bearing on my life, and I know that I will forget it when I move away from the pc, but......

I really want/need to know whats going on with the windows! haha :D

EmilieK

I think I have an idea about that. On my last visit I noticed that every window on that front part open in the same way even if they are "old" or "new", so I started thinking about the windows my uncle have on his house where the criss crossing middle part that makes the windows look old actually can be taken off the window to be painted. They are just sitting on top of the glass like decoration. This might be the case here, no windows changed, just the way they look.

simonandwendy626

Er...thanks guys. Now we'll have to look next time we go. But can someone check the other hotels as this could be catching!!!!! :lol:

kate&phoo

Quote from: "EmilieK"I think I have an idea about that. On my last visit I noticed that every window on that front part open in the same way even if they are "old" or "new", so I started thinking about the windows my uncle have on his house where the criss crossing middle part that makes the windows look old actually can be taken off the window to be painted. They are just sitting on top of the glass like decoration. This might be the case here, no windows changed, just the way they look.

I thought the same as you. Maybe the criss crossy bit has just been taken off to clean the windows and the photos just capture different windows being cleaned?

I can't think of any other explanation to be honest. I can't see Health and Safety legislation being that different in 1992 to what it is now and there's no way Disney couldn't have those windows made specifically.