Disneyland Closed Due To Heavy Snowfall

Started by dagobert, December 13, 2010, 09:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

According to Screamscape.com DLP had to close their parks last week due to heavy snowfall.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyland_paris.htm

ed-uk

That's a shame, there's no profit for EuroDisney if they have to close their parks. No wonder maintenance is such a challenge round the parks when they get weather like that. I hate to think what all that snow it's doing to the Labyrinth. Still it looks beautiful.
Ed & David

SwipatronSparks

looks so beautiful =] can you imagine having a room that has a view down mainstreet in the disneyland hotel the view would be just magical =] especially at night.

bet it was guttering for anyone there though =[ can you imagine going there and havingt he park close on you, i know i would be guttered.... but then i think it would make the perfect opportunity to have a good look around the hotels.... see whats there that is so often overlooked.
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

kelly.dylan

This really worries me!!! We are going on Saturday and with more snow forecast i hope it doesnt have to close!

But on the other hand, how long was it actually closed for? There are trip reports on here from last week and none of them mention the park being closed. I know AlexGuitar said EMH were cancelled last wed because of the snow but not that the park was shut!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Timbo

It does look amazing , this must be very rare , I thought they hardly ever close a park !

carrydee38

never heard of it closing I know that they stop rides and stop the parades which happened us january 2009...

pussinboots

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"looks so beautiful =] can you imagine having a room that has a view down mainstreet in the disneyland hotel the view would be just magical =] especially at night.

My thoughts exactly. If you had a room at the Disneyland Hotel, you could warm up by a fireplace with some nice cocoa, looking at a snow-covered and empty Disneyland Park outside. Doesn't sound like a ruined vacation to me!

I wonder for how long they had to close it? Hours, or whole days?

Reiana

It looks so beautiful  :D  but it is really a lot of snow  :shock:

Disneymaniacus

I was at the Disneyland Park last week on Wednesday when there was so much snow. Disney did cancel all entertainment en closed down areas and attractions, but I didn't hear anything about the Park being closed, everything that could be open stayed open en there were quite a few guests around.

faisj

Is this confirmed by Disney or multiple other sites?

Festival Disney

Just before Fantillusion started tonight, it started to snow heavily and I really thought it would get cancelled, but it didn't and by the time the parade reached us on Main Street, Mickey was starting to get very snowy! There were no stops and the parade floats were turning white. Atleast I have an excuse to watch it again: to see the showstops :D
I've been reading on Facebook about an apparent 8 inches of snow?! Hope I don't wake up tomorrow and find too much of a Winter wonderland!  :|
Bonne Nuit from Val d'Europe :)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

It snowed alot this evening so Fanti was cancelled and Disneyland Park closed at 9 instead of 10. Hope EMH's aren't cancelled tomorrow!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

alaina82

Hey everyone

Yes the park closed early last week and no parades went out, first time in a VERY long time i think...if ever!!

Started snowing about midday-ish i guess, just a bit of rain then light snow and then full on blizzard. Ive never seen snow come down and settle so fast, had about 6 or 7 inches in a few hrs!! Most of the character sets got cancelled too altho we did try and stay out for as long as we could, unfortunately the parade routes couldnt be cleared with the amount of snow coming down so it was decided for our safety that they wouldnt go out. Main Street is especially bad with the train tracks and also round by the Princess photo location where it slopes down, conditions get really slippy round there!

The Character department do try their best to send a parade out, and im sure some of you will have seen the dancers/elves occasionally doing meet and greets this week instead of the set choreography. As much as we want to do the routines it can be soooo slippy for us that we could easily fall and injure ourselves!

On the plus side, im sure you will all be pleased to hear that we're having to walk for an hour or so to work cos of the snow and lack of transport....this is the guests revenge for parades being stopped :D