Crescend'O

Started by davewasbaloo, January 03, 2011, 01:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

'newbies' and 'clueless'?
Is is possible to continue this debate without derogatory terms please?
It cheapens any points made and distracts from the issues, and we'll soon descend in to typical internet forum nonsense.

Just a thought

ed-uk

I'm not sure what point was being made anyway. Do people want DLP to be more like Alton Towers and Europa Park? Alton Towers is full of ugly steel roller coasters and some poor themeing. DLP is much more magical. If people want more streetmouspher that shouldn't be too hard to fix. But it's the Disney characters in the park that help make DLP unique. Maybe we see more of Peter Pan and Capain Hook in the parks because they're are more popular than the Dapper Dans with most Europeans. Just a thought.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "DopeyDad"'newbies' and 'clueless'?
Is is possible to continue this debate without derogatory terms please?
It cheapens any points made and distracts from the issues, and we'll soon descend in to typical internet forum nonsense.

Just a thought

Both are accurate descriptions, and therefore not derogatory. If one has only been going to a Disney park for only the last 5 or 10 year, they are relatively new to it in the history of Disneypark, ergo the term newbie.

Also it is likely they are ignorant or clueless about what Disney used to offer unless they have read about it or seen videos or heard accounts. Therefore again an accurate point of terminolgy not requiring an acquesence for retraction.

and Ed, I fear you might be right. But again, think outside the box, I was not referring to steel coasters, i was referring to maintenance standards and service standards. Ok, shall I compare my stays this week in the Bradford Holiday Inn Express and the York Marriott for offering far better quality service and maintenance for significantly lower prices?

also, Disney has not always been about the characters in the parks. Point of fact, with the exception of Davy Crockett, characters were limited to Fantasyland and the parades from 1955 until about the late 70's, it was only in the late 80's they started to expand elsewhere. Disney was always about creating a sense of place, including dining, shopping and entertainment.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

and another point, this thread was to serve as one to share a lost piece of history in the resort. I shan't bother in future.
since 2001 (many before that)

DopeyDad

Oh for heavens sake Dave. The treads is about Crescendo, and there were some very interesting points about it. Don't try to martyr yourself. Many people will find Newbie and Clueless derogatory, I'm quite sure you are intelligent enough to see that.