Music for Cars Race Rally

Started by Lightning McQueen, September 09, 2006, 02:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning McQueen

What music would you like to hear when you're on the ride ? It's obvious that most of  the soundtrack will be played but there are quite a few artists who's songs  are suitable,I'm thinking of Elvis Presley and Roy Orbison to name a few.Any other ideas ? :)
Lightning McQueen

Maarten

Quote from: "Lightning McQueen"What music would you like to hear when you're on the ride ? It's obvious that most of  the soundtrack will be played but there are quite a few artists who's songs  are suitable,I'm thinking of Elvis Presley and Roy Orbison to name a few.Any other ideas ? :)

I'm not really sure which songs I would like to hear at Cars: Race Rally except for the soundtrack of the film itself ofcourse. To be honest, I'm quite curious to know more about the area music they will use in Toon Studio, especially since Finding Nemo didn't have a well known soundtrack like most Disney films.

Lightning McQueen

I'm curious about the area music too but going by the 'formula' used for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster I believe that all the music in line with the theme will do.  :)
Lightning McQueen

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"I'm not really sure which songs I would like to hear at Cars: Race Rally except for the soundtrack of the film itself ofcourse. To be honest, I'm quite curious to know more about the area music they will use in Toon Studio, especially since Finding Nemo didn't have a well known soundtrack like most Disney films.
True, but the music on that soundtrack would be simply awesome as proper area music.  They could use the more relaxing tracks or the faster pieces, the whole thing would work so well through the area of the outside dip, queue area and ride.

For Crush, I hope they use tracks like "News Travels" and "The Little Clownfish From The Reef" for the queue, since they'll be nice and relaxing.  Then, for the ride, I guess "The Turtle Lope" or even "Time To Let Go" would fit nicely.

For Cars, I'd like the Randy Newman instrumentals to play in the ride area between cycles, and then when the ride begins they should kick into one of the more rock-ier tracks on the CD.  I like how they do the music at Flying Carpets, with the normal area music between cycles and special Aladdin music and Genie talking during the ride.  For the Cars queue, I still like the idea of a Radiator Springs radio station, playing songs from the CD and perhaps a few others like you suggested, Lightning.

I'm not sure about the general Toon Studio area.  The current Animation Courtyard loop uses instrumentals from older or more classical Disney films, so perhaps they could keep this and then, as you progress into the new area, instrumentals from newer films, mainly Pixar, are used.

In April at the opening of Buzz they had a special loop I called the "Pixar Megamix" playing throughout Discoveryland on the 7th & 8th, with instrumentals from all their films mixed together.  It was really really nice.  "News Travels" from Nemo especially gave a kind of exciting, expecting, mysterious buzz to the area just before the ceremony began... It's hard to explain, it just created a good atmosphere.  Wouldn't be surprised if it popped up again for the Toon Studio opening.