Imagineering Pixar For The Disney Parks - But Not WDS

Started by CafeFantasia, September 21, 2009, 12:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Oeps posted the same link @ the weblink section...
Sorry for the double post!

Great unexpected surprise i think  :D
Will they deliver us some scoops this why in the future  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Willow

Quote from: "Anthony"Look what just launched today:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

And look at the categories drop-down menu on the right. :roll:

So perhaps it's Disney's European offices which should be doing things like this for Disneyland Paris? Pushing DLP and reporting back to the UK headquarters about what's going on. Disney UK do almost nothing these days to promote the resort. We've not had an email newsletter for months and no mailouts for two years or more. The adverts on TV (supplied by Paris) are incredibly tacky, with bad English voiceovers and for some reason very bad picture quality. There's never any press pictures of British celebrities at DLP, but I'm sure they visit. And so on...

Did anyone spot my comment asking for the blog to show some stuff about Paris?  :mrgreen:

Based on the homepage Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo are under the "Disney Parks" name, we should be mentioned now and again..... Doubt it though.

EDIT: Well I got a reply...

"Hi Chris. In the initial phases, the blog will provide US-focused content. However, from time-to-time updates from our international parks may be posted."

The Butlin Boy

Watching the Soutbank Show Disney-Pixar show on ITV last night, I picked up on a quote from John Lasseter. When talking about hte parks, he said something along the lines of 'I love Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney World, and Tokyo Disneyland.'

There you are gang; evidence that John Lasseter love DLP more than WDW and Tokyo! :P

CafeFantasia

Yeah, well spotted. I noticed that too. It was a very quick reference, but at least John Lasseter officially loves Disneyland Paris.

luke85

Quote from: "Alan"Yeah, well spotted. I noticed that too. It was a very quick reference, but at least John Lasseter officially loves Disneyland Paris.
I loved that part too! I don't think I've ever heard him mention DLP before!