castle colors!

Started by nemo1981, December 11, 2008, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"I had no idea the window changed!

They changed it after the park opened, right? And then back to the original almost straight away?

Why did they ever think it needed changing?

Perhaps they thought the other design was too generic, and they wanted it to contain a reference to Sleeping Beauty, much like the clock on Cinderella Castle is a connection to its source material? I have no idea.

david

thats strange- i have a photo of the castle before the re-paint, but it has the same window that they have in now- when did they get rid of the old one?

Kristof

I found another photo of the original stained window!  I was going through some old press photos and the ones from the opening day definitely show the current window.

Edit: there' s a good daylight photo of the original window in the purple "Euro Disney Souvenir Book" on page 59.

Kuzco

Was/is that window not the one that is able to change from a rose to doves back and forth? And I'm a bit confused ;) which one is in place right now? The one with the rose or the one with the 'star'?
No touchy!

Kuzco

If anyone has the book 'From sketch to reality': Last week while just paging through it, I came across a picture of that stained window with the rose/doves (I knew I had seen it somewhere ;) ) But unfortunately did not pay that much attention to it at that time.

So now I'm not sure if this window is/was on the frontside of the castle or in the back.
No touchy!

RockNRoller

The doves/roses window is inside the castle, go over the drawbridge into the area between the Christmas shop and glass blower, turn round to face Main Street and then look up. Watch the window for a while and you can see the picture change from Roses to doves.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

PetiteSirene

Just had a look at the modern and old photos of the castle in the Sketch to Reality Book and I can see a difference, they old pink was more subtle, however I do prefer the golden touch on the roofs.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

jeakat24

:offtopic: My sister has had my copy of that book for about two years, thanks for reminding me guys for now I will have to pinch it back!

Back on topic, I can see what you mean, although I've only started going since 2002. I have often looked at the roof and thought that the dark blue fading up to gold wasn't a particularly good colour choice, the blue is too dark, just a shade lighter and I think it could work quite well!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Kimbollez

I knew the window chages on the inside of the castle... when you walk round all the Sleeping Beauty stuff in the castle as you walk into Fantasyland, but i didn't realise it changed in the outside...

are there any photos of the old caslte?? I only went in 2005 and 2006, haven't been back since... would be nice to see how it changed over the years....
"Off to NeverLand!"
"Oh the Cleverness of Me!!"
Tick Tock Tick Tock... RUN MAN!! RUN!!!!!!

Peter Pan =D