DLP is a Disney Bargain even for Brits

Started by davewasbaloo, June 13, 2008, 05:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Rain"We put off going to DLRP for so long worrying that the magic wouldn't be the same as WDW, but the Disney feeling is still there, just the same. And it's a lot more in reach for us at DLRP than in Florida.

Absolutely! We know DLP is not perfect (no resort is). But it is much more beautiful, and everything is in walking distance (I love that about disneyland as well). To me, WDW does not deliver based on the cost and challenges of getting there.  Ok maybe a little harsh, given I love DAK and Epcot. But as the Magic Kingdom park type experience is what makes Disney Disney to me, and Florida has the worst version (except maybe Hong Kong), mixed in with long bus trips and unclean hotels that are more expensive than most 5 stars else where, well frankly I would rather go to Paris or California.

I too love Seaworld and Universal, but they are in California too.  And although I love Kennedy Space Center, for me that is a once every 10 years experience.
since 2001 (many before that)

Rain

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I too love Seaworld and Universal, but they are in California too.  And although I love Kennedy Space Center, for me that is a once every 10 years experience.
We've always wanted to go to Disneyland California, but as neither of us drive I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get to places like Universal and Seaworld. I'd love to go though - just 'cause it's the original park, and I hear all the time that the magic there is just that bit more special.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Rain"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I too love Seaworld and Universal, but they are in California too.  And although I love Kennedy Space Center, for me that is a once every 10 years experience.
We've always wanted to go to Disneyland California, but as neither of us drive I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get to places like Universal and Seaworld. I'd love to go though - just 'cause it's the original park, and I hear all the time that the magic there is just that bit more special.

I am a bit biased as I spent my first 12 years going to DL almost every 4 weeks or so. But I love the resort more than DLP or WDW (some people think I'm crazy, but my British wife who made DL her 3rd resort visit loves it best too). If you do not drive (I do, so non issue), there are buses, which we have used before. Greyline (and a number of other companies) have trips to Universal Studios (a real studio, not like Fla), Magic Mountain (great for coaster lovers), Seaworld, San Diego Zoo and San Diego Wild Animal Park (both almost as good as DAK, and a must for animal lovers, the zoo has several pandas as well as the largest group of koalas outside of Australia, in a beautiful park)., Legloand (great for little ones), Knott's Berry Farm ( not as great as it used to be, but there are some awesome coasters), and an easy few hours to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Sequoia National parks, beaches, deserts, and the hell hole known as LA and Hollywood (Not my favs).
since 2001 (many before that)