SHares again.

Started by Alpop, August 28, 2007, 01:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

Hi Everyone,

I've just bought shares in Eurodisney, for 2 reasons......
1. They seem like a potential bargain.
2. The discounts / club membership.

So here is my big big question. The membership is for 2 years (I think), what happens after 2 years. I've got enough shares not to pay for the membership, but do you have to re apply after this period of can it continue?

madame_leota

how do you go about buying shares in DLRP? i didnt know you could just buy shares in DLRP i thought you just had to buy shares in disney and its very expensive. I wanted to buy some for my son (and for me! :) ) but was really put off by the price

loulou

You can buy shares on lastminute.com  for shares in disney -£50 a share.  Thats all i know, i was thinking about buying some for my mum

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

ford prefect

shares are traded on the french stock exchange,  if you look on eurodisney.com you will be able to see how it works.

I own 600 shares at 0.09euros each!  

Club Actionnaires (shareholder's club) requires a minimum of 500 shares and costs £25.00 every 2 years.

it has saved me a fortune

email me if you want more details
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Alpop

I just bought 2000 to avoid the membership fee I bought at 9cents, but it then went to 8 cents.
My basic rounded up or down figures were.
£100 + Trading fees for 2000 shares at 8cents. (5p each)
or
£120 + trading fees for 2000 shares at 9cents. (6p each)

Obviously I can't predict the future, but DLRP is doing much better with the new boss.

Owain

Id like to buy shares, but what do they actualy do and provide to you ?

Alpop

This is what I've heard so........

Obviously shares are an investment and can increase or decrease in value, but potentially you could buy enough shares to recieve a shareholders club card and re sell your shares in the future and recieve your money back or profit (or a loss).

The shareholders card gives you discount. in DLRP restaurant and shops. Discounts off tickets. and I read that someone has used it in the UK Disney stores, but I'm not holding my breath on that one yet.

Discounts are around 10 - 15%

ALSO....
Eurodisney shares are traded under the symbol EDL
not
DIS which I think is the disney company shares.

Eurodisney owns DLRP

ford prefect

the shareholders card gives you 15% off shops and table service restaurants also park tickets including annual passports

10% off packages and in yes, in Disney Store UK.

I shop regularly at the disney store in milton keynes, however if the cast member is new, they are sometimes confused by the shareholders card.  tell them that you get 10% as a magic kingdom discount and a supervisor will counter sign the transaction.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Cubitus

Hey Alpop and everyone,

Quote from: "Alpop"do you have to re apply after this period of can it continue?
To answer your question: yes you'll have to reapply for a new membership after 2 years, and as you own 2000+ shares then, you won't have to pay anything.

Of course the conditions can change until then.

Oliver
Oliver

Alpop

Quote from: "Cubitus"Hey Alpop and everyone,

Quote from: "Alpop"do you have to re apply after this period of can it continue?
To answer your question: yes you'll have to reapply for a new membership after 2 years, and as you own 2000+ shares then, you won't have to pay anything.

Of course the conditions can change until then.

Oliver
Excellent.
I wasn't sure if the 2 year membership was only valid once per 2000 shares. For example I had thought that I wouldn't register for the club till next year as I have no chance of going to DLRP in the next 12 months.

Problem solved now. Thanks