Newport Bay Hotel - HELP/ADVICE PLEASE

Started by DisneyM79, July 05, 2018, 12:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyM79

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to DLP in June next year.

I am going with my 7 year old daughter and my parents (who will be 70 and 68).

We would like to stay in the Newport Bay Hotel, the travel agent actually recommended it over the Disney Hotel as it has apparently just been refurbished and she has stayed in both and thinks Newport is actually nicer.

This will be a once in a lifetime trip for my parents and it will be for my 40th birthday, so we would like it to be as special as possible.

So my questions are:-

Has anyone stayed here this year?
What is the hotel like overall?
Is it worth doing half board?
Which room should we go for? (we are currently thinking of a room with 2 double beds in)
Should we ask for a room nearer reception? As I've heard the hotel is quite large and my parents and daughter may get tired and would be more convenient.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much xx
'Have Courage and Be Kind'

polar vixen

Newport bay is a lovely hotel although not my personal favourite. It's definitely worth asking for a room near reception although the rooms in all the hotels have a standard 2 double beds. The meal plan is very worth t as it means you'll get breakfast in your hotel and an meal voucher to use in a restaurant of choice for later in the day. I wouldn't recommend the cape cod buffet though as it was actually our least favourite buffet unless you love fish. Depending on your budget have a look at sequoia lodge  it has a very different feel but we much preferred it. It has the same level of meal plan but is cheaper, meaning you could get a better room type. The pool here also has a slide. When we compared past a golden forest at the sequoia lodge (free fast pass and afternoon snacks etc) was the same price as a standard room at Newport bay

sentosa

My favourite Hotel so light and bright  and yes half board is a good idea.It is large and perhaps you should ask for a room near the reception.I have tried other hotels but to my mind this is the best and I will be there again in September ,can't wait.