total newbie!!

Started by beth25, January 07, 2017, 05:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beth25

so, I've booked mon- thurs in march 2017, for my family, 2 adults and 2 kids age 12 and 9.
All totally new to this.
I've booked to stay in disney hotel, with the free half board meal plan.
How does it work- do we get given vouchers to use in the resturants? I understand that it's either lunch or evening meal? Which is better value? Also got a free drink and cake??? Where is best to take these?
Thanks

Crush

Yes, you get vouchers to use in the restaurants (which restaurants you can use them in depends on the level of meal plan you have - eligible restaurants will be printed on the vouchers themselves). We went half-board for our last trip and would use the vouchers for an evening meal - we'd have a good breakfast at the hotel in the mornings and with a few hot drinks throughout the day in the parks, this would keep us going until dinner time, and we'd have an evening meal around 6-7pm.

The 'free drink & cake' is the Pause Gourmande and entitles you to a hot or cold drink and either a doughnut or a Almond mini magnum between 3-6pm - you get a voucher for this also and again, participating outlets are printed on the voucher itself. I don't think there's a 'best' place to use them as such - we just went to the nearest outlet to where we were at the time. Although I would avoid Casey's Corner around parade time, as this got horrendously busy with people using their PG vouchers.

Have a great time :)

January 2004 - Hotel Santa Fe
January 2011 - Hotel Santa Fe
November 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2018 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2019 - Newport Bay Club
January 2020 - Davy Crockett Ranch
October 2021 - Walt Disney World Florida