Help with Eurostar tickets please

Started by mattsteveal, May 20, 2016, 10:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattsteveal

I'm trying to get ahead of the game and book a trip at the very end of March 2017 (hopefully some of the refurbished rides will be open by then ;)) so we miss the April price hike.

I have a price from the official site for 4 nights in sequoia lodge for 2 adults + Eurostar of £854 (£542 for hotel + £312 for Eurostar) is this a good price or could I get the Eurostar cheaper once the trains become available to book through their website in October? I have to book the hotels by end of June to get the two free nights deal so just want to know if its worth holding off on the Eurostar tickets for now

any advice would be very welcome :)

thanks
Mattsteveal

stifle

Seems an awful lot from Eurostar which is usually £72 return for the cheapest seats.

disneymagic006

You can usually get the Eurostar cheaper. You need to find out on what date Eurostar release the seats. They usually do this in a block and book ASAP as the dates come on to get the best value. We've had £69 returns a few times now - even in school holidays!
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

Oreo

I believe you can book Eurostar 180 days in advance??

However I have never seen any cheap deals and always ended up booking via Disney or the Travel agent.

littlebitofpixiedust

After years of doing the package deals we discovered the benefits of booking Eurostar directly, firstly as above you can get seats direct return from £72 (used to be £69) plus you can also select where to sit for example a four table seat (if available) or near buffet car ect.

We found doing the package deals our seats sometimes would be dotted all over which we didn't want... Eurostar are really helpful and I always call to get a estimate on the seat release dates. You then can call maybe 1-2 weeks prior to check they haven't gone on sale earlier than they expected this way you should be able to book the day of release. The day that feb half term went on sale by 10am it was sky high apparently online they are released earlier? But I have to call to book wheelchair and companion seats

disneymagic006

Yes on the release day they are online really early. We have always made sure to get up really early and book as soon as they come on. It's a bit of a pain but the saving is so worth it and can be spent on having a better time or put towards the next trip.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

rebecca20

Is there that much of a discount on the day they are released? I'm only asking because I am last minute for holiday bookings but still usually get it for less than £200 pp in standard premier, which I thought was pretty good value.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

stifle

It isn't so much of a discount on the day they are released as that a certain number of tickets are available for each price band on each train, and when they are released it is certain that the tickets in the lowest band won't have sold yet.

daddyof2

If price matters, just wait until you can buy from Eurostar direct

EmmaH

Book directly that's far too expensive for Eurostar.

As others have said book when the seats are released (180 days or is it 120 days?) To get the lowest price.
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013