The future of Disneyland Paris

Started by Imagineering Paris, September 12, 2015, 12:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Quote2015
Start construction Toy Story Midway Mania

@InsideDLParis himself has said that Toy Story Mania is currently no longer scheduled to be built at Disneyland Paris. So, that's just one piece of evidence that points to this post being fictitious. Obviously I wish it was all true, but made up rumours like these do nothing but confuse people.

A&S&O

What's Mystic Manor?

Can't believe they'll drag Armageddon out until 2020!
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

norhel

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

RockNRoller

Quote from: A&S&O on September 15, 2015, 02:32:02 PM
What's Mystic Manor?

There is some great ride through footage on Youtube, make sure to watch several versions as the view of the ride is different depending on which car you are in, a bit like Ratatouille.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

mickey1980

Why is it with DLP that there is no official comment on future plans? In WDW they announce new addition long before the first shovel goes in the ground.
All we get is rumors, and then the disappointment when they turn out to be false (TSM).
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

andrewuk

Quote from: mickey1980 on September 15, 2015, 08:26:59 PM
Why is it with DLP that there is no official comment on future plans? In WDW they announce new addition long before the first shovel goes in the ground.
All we get is rumors, and then the disappointment when they turn out to be false (TSM).

They think that if they announce anything then the crowds will not visit until the new attraction has been built.

I take this list with a rather large pinch of salt. It would be nice but ain't gonna happen unless 2 or 3 million more guests start coming in through the gates to pay for it all!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Rocketeer

Although it seems like a lot of collated rumours, it'd be nice if at least half of those plans do come to fruition.

As others have said though, until visible construction is evident (as opposed to waiting for ED to announce it) then we won't have any cast iron guarantees that any new attractions are coming.

As has been the case over the years with Paris, it doesn't hurt to speculate, after all there's not much else to debate when the resort moves at the speed of one of Elsa's icebergs.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on September 16, 2015, 03:51:21 PM
Although it seems like a lot of collated rumours, it'd be nice if at least half of those plans do come to fruition.

As others have said though, until visible construction is evident (as opposed to waiting for ED to announce it) then we won't have any cast iron guarantees that any new attractions are coming.

As has been the case over the years with Paris, it doesn't hurt to speculate, after all there's not much else to debate when the resort moves at the speed of one of Elsa's icebergs.
I'm just hoping they announce some new shows in time for the 25th anniversary. Disneyland Paris's 25th would be the perfect time for a few new shows (and maybe the return of one or two favourites).

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on September 17, 2015, 06:58:17 PM

I'm just hoping they announce some new shows in time for the 25th anniversary. Disneyland Paris's 25th would be the perfect time for a few new shows (and maybe the return of one or two favourites).

Well we've had Jedi Training Academy and the Frozen sing-along already, We have confirmation of at least one show planned for the 25th as well as the revamped Animagique. I don't think it's a stretch to see a new show coming in 2016 as well.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on September 20, 2015, 11:52:02 PM
Quote from: MickeyAteMyCap on September 17, 2015, 06:58:17 PM

Well we've had Jedi Training Academy and the Frozen sing-along already, We have confirmation of at least one show planned for the 25th as well as the revamped Animagique. I don't think it's a stretch to see a new show coming in 2016 as well.
So by 2017 it's possible there could be at least four stage shows? That would be cool, although personally my hope is for the Frozen Singalong show to be replaced. Just sounds like a cheap, lazy alternative instead of the Winnie the Pooh (or was it the Tarzan show at that theatre?) that used to be there.

Disneylove

The frozen singalong is being replaced, but anything else you read from the OP I would take with a pinch of salt, most of the things dont add up, it's more like what they wish would happen.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Disneylove on October 03, 2015, 11:58:07 PM
The frozen singalong is being replaced, but anything else you read from the OP I would take with a pinch of salt, most of the things dont add up, it's more like what they wish would happen.

I think if the Walt Disney World Company take over as speculated, though, there will likely be a lot of changes for the better including new shows and probably more parades.

Disneylove

It is highly likely that WDC will do a take over, it's been widely speculated and the changes in shareholders experiences this year seem to imply that something is about to happen. However, the OP did write at the end of the post that all of the things he wrote about where subject to the WDC takeover. So basically, if they take over (which is highly likely) none of that stuff will for sure be going ahead. Basically just covering their own backside for when it shows up that everything they've wrote doesn't happen. They've already been proven wrong by saying there will be an improved Frozen show in February 2016, probably speculation based on what has happened in previous years and previous shows, but the Frozen show is actually being scrapped next year, and replaced with Rapunzel.
Everything wrote that's happening in Frontierland is stuff we already know, as well as Discoverland apart from the Star Wars spiel. It's always been speculated that if a Star Wars land was created it would be behing Pizza Planet, and this just sounds like a version of this speculation but posted here to try and generate buzz. It's already filled with so many flaws it's obviously a windup.