Plaza Gardens

Started by TappyFish, August 30, 2015, 10:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TappyFish

Apologies if this question has been asked before; I did do a search of the forum first but couldn't find any answers.

We're currently planning where we would like to eat when we go to DLP in November. We've been scrolling over the forum and managed to find some links to various menus. It seems that many of them are out of date or lack information however. We've read a lot about the Plaza Gardens and like the fact that it is a buffet style option - we have already chosen a few table service options so wanted to throw in a buffet or two.

My questions is... can anyone elaborate and explain what the buffet is please? Hot food, cold food, plain selections and sauces, plated foods etc. I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but we wanted to clarify before deciding. Also, would you recommend we book in advance or just do it when we arrive? I'm not adverse to using the phone (I do so on a daily basis at the hotel I work at) but would rather book face to face if possible.

Thanks guys ;D

DisneyChris11

Hi TappyFish, We went to Plaza Gardens in June and it was very good. There's lots of choice including
Hot food such as carvery meats, Burgers, Fish Dishes, Pasta, pasta sauces, meatballs, Chicken skewers, Stews, Pizza, mixed vegetables etc.
Cold food such as salad, pastas, potato salads, cheese..
Dessert selection such as cakes, tarts, pancakes, donuts, sweets (and ask for ice cream if you like, they have it in a freezer behind the counter ;)
Most of the Dishes are in big dishes and you just help yourself.
There's something for everyone, a very good value buffet, but I would advise to book in advance as it can get very busy especially when the parade finishes due to its prime location in central plaza!
Just pop to city hall or the restaurant itself a few days in advance and you should get a good slot.

HildeKitten

Here's the already existing Plaza Gardens topic

So people can find both when they want to post about it :)

Samninetysix

Plaza Gardens is one of our absolute favourites, it has pretty much something for everyone.

AlmostThere...

Hi there,  firstly if you decide to go...book.  We booked and so walked in, past the massive queue of people who hadn't (this was Octiber half term so peak time about 6pm)

The food and atmosphere was great, pastas, rice, chips, different cooked meats, pasta sauces, stew/curry, lovely puddings....great for taking kids to.
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

TappyFish

Thank you all for your replies. Exactly what we were looking for :D You guys are awesome!