Birthdays in restaurants?

Started by Mamaboogie, June 11, 2015, 11:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mamaboogie

Hey All!  :)

I am going to DLP in August and it is my boyfriends birthday the first night we are there. I'm hoping to get a reservation at one of the Newport Bay restaurants (as we are staying there) and I just wondered if they did anything special in the restaurants if you say it is someone's birthday? Confetti...cupcake with candle etc.

I know you can order a birthday cake but it looks quite big for just the two of us and it seems quite expensive. (Yes, I'm a scrooge  ;D )

Mileto

You'd better call Disney directly and secretly and ask about other possibilites. I've heard only about the cake, but it's going to really to big for you.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

HildeKitten

I don't really think you're a scrooge! When my husband and I went for my 30th I explicitly said I'd rather go have a nice lunch in a place we like for that money.
That cake is way too big for two!

If DLP doesn't do anything special, maybe you can just sneak in a muffin and a candle and sort it out yourself :)
I'm sure they won't mind you doing that ^^
Or if you're worried about the logistics, you can do it in the room, where you can sneakily light the candle in the bathroom and you won't have to drag around the muffin or cupcake or whatever you put the candle on :)

Mamaboogie

Thanks! As you say, there are better things to spend the money on! Just really want to make it special trip or him  :D

Mileto

OR - instead of dining at Newport Bay restaurant you can secretly buy tickets for Buffalo Bill's show  and put quickly the tickets on the bed, when entering the hotel room.

This is what I plan as a surprise for my people. They both don't expect it. My husband is always in the band when planning how to suprise the daughter , but not this time.  ;)

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all