Upgrading 1 Day Pass to Annual Pass on Blackout Day

Started by bkmanhole, April 07, 2015, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkmanhole

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are planning to visit June 2nd, however it is a blackout date for the Fantasy annual passes. We plan to use a 1 day 2 park voucher that was included with our travel package.

Once we upgrade, I understand we cannot leave the park and reenter, since it would be a blackout date, but would I be able to take advantage of the annual pass discounts on a blackout date once I am in the park? I'm just trying to decide if we should upgrade first thing, or leave it till later if we cannot take advantage of discounts.

Thanks in advance!! Any tips would be great!

cazspence

Who is your package booked through? As usually tickets included on a package have a zero value and it's not possible to upgrade to a annual passport with them.

bkmanhole

Quote from: cazspence on April 08, 2015, 08:33:15 AM
Who is your package booked through? As usually tickets included on a package have a zero value and it's not possible to upgrade to a annual passport with them.

Thanks for the reply.  The voucher was not with a package and was booked through a Canadian travel agent here - with the local company being CityRama Tours.  It say's it will be exchanged for 1 day 2 park ticket.

Do you think this would be an issue?

NCC1701Q

Hi bkmanhole,

as long as the ticket has a value on it, you can upgrade it to a Annual Passport. Since you will exchange it for a "regular" ticket that should be no problem.
It is true that after upgrading you cannot re-enter because of the blackout date. So if you just do the upgrade in the late afternoon you can still switch parcs all day long and get the AP on your (final) way out that day.
Have fun!

stifle

No need to worry about blackout dates. On the day of "establishment" of a Francilien or Fantasy annual passport, the passport can be used irrespective of any blackout dates. (This means the day it's printed in the Bureau of annual passports.)

What I would be more concerned about is whether the ticket you will get is acceptable to part-exchange. This can only be done if it is a normal ticket with a printed value. Most package and other non-standard tickets I've seen are marked "forfait" and have no price.

bkmanhole

Thanks for all the replies! I will be exchanging the voucher for a ticket at the gates so hopefully it won't be an issue!