Trip report 8 - 10- March 2015

Started by vampira, March 11, 2015, 04:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampira

Final part, part 3

On Monday night, we had gone to bed very early, as we were exhausted! We did both sleep a little better (we had taken the pillows from the bunk beds, as those were a little softer, and we were too tired to stay awake), but I woke up early again. We used the extra time before breakfast to pack our things and take our luggage to the car. We couldn't leave it at the luggage depot, because it wouldn't open until 7.30 A.M.. We left our room keys in the box at the reception and went to have breakfast. It was quiet again, although people seemed to be coming in a little earlier than the day before. We didn't stay too long, but walked to the parks as early as possible. It was raining a little bit, but nothing we couldn't handle. ;)
We got to the park exactly at opening time, they were just going to open the gates. When we got to the park itself, we saw Pluto at the gazebo at Main Street. There were already people waiting in line to take a picture, so I didn't want to. I'm not really into the "waiting in line to take a picture with some character", but when we saw Goofy and nobody else was waiting, I let my husband talk me into taking a picture with him.  ;D
We walked to the Discovery Arcade, as we realized we almost always use the Liberty Arcade . It was nice and quiet and we took our time taking some pictures and looking at all the crazy "inventions" on display. When we got to Central Plaza, we saw Chip and Dale. There were only 2 guys taking pictures with them, so we decided to take a picture too. One of the characters was walking away with the umbrella of one of the guys in front of us, and while we stood there laughing, the other one came to me, took me by the arm, and pretended to take me away. We took some funny pictures and walked on. First time at Disneyland I took pictures with the characters and although I still don't want to wait in line for it, we had a lot of fun.  ;D
We used the EMH to take some more pictures, and to go on Peter Pan and Buzz lightyear again. This time, the ride didn't stop all the time, so it was so much more fun. We also went to see the dragon again. For the first time, we were there all alone so we got to see the dragon very well!  :) We also went on the Mad Hatters teacups again.
Just like the day before, we walked over to Frontierland at 10:00 A.M. to get fastpasses for BTM before walking over the the Studios. On our way we made a reservation for lunch at Plaza Gardens. We had dinner there on our last visit, but we didn't really like it then. We wanted to see if it was better this time, since it was very busy on our last visit, so we had to sit next to the door (cold!) and we had to wait very long to get anything from the buffet.
When we got to the Studios, we wanted to see if the line for Crush's Coaster was a little shorter today, but it wasn't so we skipped it. We walked over to see if we had more luck at Ratatouille, but the lines weren't even open yet, so we went to the Rock and Roller coaster again. This line was very short, so we got on immediately. Again, the music worked just fine, so we had a great ride. We went back to see if Ratatouille was open and it was, so we rode it again (used the single riders line and ended up in the same vehicle anyway :D ). Then, I wanted to go on the Towerr of Terror again. I really liked it, as always. Especially the cast member in the room where you get to see the little movie. He kept walking around and scaring people by tapping them on the back, or saying "boo". I love it when the cast members play their role so well.  ;D
When I finally got out, we realized we had to go back to use our BTM fastpasses. We made it there just in time. We had to wait a little longer than the day before, but we still got on within 15 minutes.
We decided to ride the train around the park too, as we had never done that before and because we wanted to give our feet a rest.
When we had gone all the way around the park, we walked to Plaza Gardens. We stopped on our way there, because Minnie's Little Spring Train was just coming out. It didn't take long, but we liked the little train with all the characters and the beautiful colors. We went to Plaza Gardens and had a nice lunch. We had a better experience this time, so it was a good thing to try it again.
After lunch, we took some time to walk around a little bit, but at 3:)) P.M. we walked back to the Cheyenne. On our way, we brought some drinks at Starbucks and at the Cheyenne we had to go to the car and drive back home.  :(
It has been a wonderful visit, so much better than our last visit. We'll definitely go back, but I'm not sure when...

And the last pictures:

Me and Goofy:

At the Discovery Arcade:

Cute!  ;)

Teacups:

At Toy Story Playland:

Rock 'n Roller Coaster:

Minnie's little spring train:

"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"

AlmostThere...

Lovely trip report, thanks for sharing x
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

MulanRouge

I've really enjoyed reading your reports - glad you had a fab time  :)

disneymagic006

A great last day. Glad you enjoyed your trip. I have enjoyed reading about it. The character pictures are so fun.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

Joey123

Great read it's got me more excited ,going in 21 days for our 11th time

vampira

Thanks for the nice replies everyone.  :D
And have fun, Joey123!  ;)
"If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney"