Reservations

Started by TinkSassy, February 16, 2015, 05:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinkSassy

I am new to DLP.  How far in advance do you need to make reservations?  Are there any restaurants that need to be booked well in advance or is it safe as a single to just do walk-up seating?

DisneyRon

Quote from: TinkSassy on February 16, 2015, 05:52:33 PM
I am new to DLP.  How far in advance do you need to make reservations?  Are there any restaurants that need to be booked well in advance or is it safe as a single to just do walk-up seating?

You can make reservations up to 60 days in advance.
For most restaurants you're perfectly safe doing walk-up dining, the only exception I'd imagine would be Auberge de Cendrillon, which is very popular, and as such very busy at all times.

Last time I went there (also by myself), I made a reservation close to the 60 day mark and the only spot open on the day I wanted was at 15:00, everything else was full. And that was late September, one of the most quiet periods in the park.

daddyof2

I'd echo Ron, you can walk up to most places - but many do get busy between 1200-1400 and 1800-2000. If your heart is set on a particular restaurant on a particular day/time, book ahead.

jayney69

We go April 13th and I did my reservations on 12th Feb, which was the earliest I could apparently do it.  I get a bit OCD about things lolx

TinkSassy

Thank you for the input.  I was hoping to just wing it on dining as it is not my focus, but if you want to have a sit-down meal at WDW you would be out of luck doing that.  It is actually a relief that I can somewhat decide on the fly when I know where I am in the parks.

vals

We came back a week ago.I reserved a couple of meals in advance,but the rest we did the day before without any problems.

stifle

AdC and Walt's tend to get booked up even at off-peak times due to how popular/small they are. Blue Lagoon can be busy as well. Bistrot Chez Rémy is larger and the Silver Spur isn't as popular. Café Mickey tends to be heavily booked. The Steakhouse is usually fine because it's gigantic.

I guess the message is: book early if you absolutely must go to a particular place!