Kyriad hotel

Started by norhel, March 01, 2015, 07:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at Kyriad hotel?
Is it a nice hotel, and are the bus service ok?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

captain rocket

I've stayed at the Kyriad six or seven times and am always pleasantly surprised! Considering it's rating is only 2 star it is a perfectly acceptable hotel.
Unfortunately, they stopped providing a kettle and drinks a couple of years ago and there is no swimming pool ( No problem for me as I work in a pool in the UK and only use any hotel at Disney for sleeping in! The breakfast is not exceptional but is adequate, if you are booking direct or through an agency check that breakfast is included as many operators don't include it. The bus service is every 30 minutes early in the morning and the Kyriad is the second stop out of the four hotels. The service rises to every 20 minutes during peak times. I have a dream AP, so I get the 07.40. bus which gets me in the main park for EMH, 90 minutes in the parks and then Salon Mickey for chocolate and snack! A great way to start the day!
The return bus in the evening can be a nightmare if you are trying to catch it after Dreams! I always eat in the village after Dreams (Usually Earl of Sandwich ) and get the bus later when it is quieter.
I'm sure you will have a pleasant stay at the Kyriad!
I always use sites like Trivago and book the cheapest partner hotel, they are all good! On the 17th of March I am staying in the Dream Castle which was cheaper than the Kyriad!

norhel

Thanx for the reply. I'm possibly staying there the next time I go to DLP sometime in the future.

captain rocket

The first time I went I was a bit nervous because it was only 2 star, but I did not need to worry! I always paid the premium for staying in Disney hotels, which are still much more convenient, but if i stay at the partner hotels I can have at least on extra visit per year and as I travel with a friend we are fairly laid back about accomodation and the Kyriad is fine! One strange point, the Kyriad has the best luggage storage I have come across at DLRP!

maleficent_mum

Stayed at the Kyriad last Halloween, was a little nervous being off site, but needn't have worried.  We had a great stay,  although it was very busy, we always walked straight into breakfast room and got onto the shuttle buses.  Breakfast isn't great but its adequate and cheap i've booked room only for august, we can pay for breakfast on a daily basis if we want, think it was €7/adult, more likely we'll eat in the village.  For the price of 1 Disney package we've Dream AP's and 2 five day trips at peak times, think its changed the way I visit DLP :)
*Oct 14 - 5 nights Kyriad* July 13 -  6 nights Cheyenne 1 night VdE*
*Jan 12  - 5 nights  Santa Fe *Oct 10 - 1 night Kyriad, 4 nights Cheyenne*Jan 10 - 4 nights New York*Mar 09 - 4 nights Cheyenne*Nov 07 - 3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 07 - 15th Anniversary Press Event  3 nights Sequoia Lodge*Mar 06 5 nights Newport Bay Club (Admirals\' Floor)*Oct 04 4 nights Santa Fe*Mar 04 3 nights Cheyenne[/size]

norhel

Nice to hear other peoples opinion.
I'm not going in a few years, but Kyriad is a hotel to consider.
Even though staying on site is nice, DLP has a high price, even at Santa Fe.