light ears

Started by irishbhoy1888, June 30, 2014, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenRM

My main issue with the lightears (beyond the cost) is that you are essentially buying them for other peoples enjoyment and not your own.

While Im not a miserable bloke if Im spending £20 on something, Id quite like to see it in use.

andrew@magicaldlp

Quote from: BenRM on September 30, 2014, 11:10:36 PM
My main issue with the lightears (beyond the cost) is that you are essentially buying them for other peoples enjoyment and not your own.

While Im not a miserable bloke if Im spending £20 on something, Id quite like to see it in use.

This has always been my issue!
Massive Disneyland Paris fan and owner of Magical Disneyland Paris - www.magicaldlp.co.uk

SwipatronSparks

my issue with them is as BenRM said, paying that much for them i would like to actually see them working.... also my other issue is that i just dont like them, in general i just.... dont like how they look, it looks like a weird plate/upside down soup bowl that i would put on my head, the design just isnt for me at all, if they where more like an actual proper hat i would probably see the appeal to them, i love the head band ones and rather buy those than the silly hat ones. i can definatly see the appeal to them though, but like duffy the disney bear i just cant see why they are overall so popular (even if they arent as popular in dlp)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Esti

I'm just amazed that so many people but them in the US parks  ;)

According to the book "Disney War", one of the problems they had when they opened DLRP, was that they thought the American and European markets were the same. Wrong! It seems that, although we have more days off, we spend less time and resorts and less money on souvenirs. That could explain why Europeans don't buy all the bad merchandise ideas Disney has, like Light Ears. Also, if I'm not mistaken, many of the Disneyland CA guests are locals. I guess it makes more sense for them to buy them. I'm not going to spend 20€ (for each person!) on those things if I'm not coming back to DLP in 10 years.

They do announce them before the show, and they explain how it works. Also, they have a cart in which they sell them. But you need more than an ad to sell that. They're REAL ugly, really really  FUGLY. I'd considered buying a pair... until I saw them. Seriously, some people here do have a sense of style. They need to change that design.
Also, they don't seem confortable. Some people try them on before making a decision... and the decision is no.

And if I had some with a hat in front of me that lights up, I wouldn't like it either. I'm there to watch an amazing show, not an ugly hat that changes colours.

The only time I've seen the LightEars work (I'm usually on the front, so I don't see that many people), the girl had left them in the pavement because they didn't fit, and I felt they didn't add anything. Why am I going to look at two ears with blue light when I can see Disney Dreams?

LightEars are cool when you watch a video and you see them change colour. And it's only cool for about a minute. If I'm spending 2 days at DLP and not coming back, I'm not spending 20€ in an ugly, uncomfortable hat that I won't even see change colour. I'd rather spend 13-17€ on some cool Minnie ears, or, basically, any other souvenir.

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: Basketca on October 02, 2014, 02:24:55 PM
LightEars are cool when you watch a video and you see them change colour. And it's only cool for about a minute. If I'm spending 2 days at DLP and not coming back, I'm not spending 20€ in an ugly, uncomfortable hat that I won't even see change colour. I'd rather spend 13-17€ on some cool Minnie ears, or, basically, any other souvenir.

I agree!

And that is exactly what I done in Walt Disney World.

Kinda off topic but sorta related to the topic- I saw a video on Youtube of a performance of Fantasmic in Hollywood Studios, WDW & the majority of the audience was wearing the LightEars. Although it looked nice, it just seemed a bit too much.