Hello - Newbie alert :)

Started by princessjodiebo, September 18, 2014, 09:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessjodiebo

Hiya i thought i would brave a new forum and say hi !

Disney obsessed 37 year old who is planning our next trip for 3 days over easter

I have always been in winter and never in peak season so can anyone tell me what to expect ?

We have been in Dec,Jan,Feb and March before but never over easter

I have 2 children age 16 and 13 who are disney pros too so i know they wont mind the queueing too much just wanted to know what the crowds are like as we only have 2 full days there

My plan so far is

Arrive on easter sunday approx 8pm and off to annettes - its a family tradition for the first night :)

Breakfast in cafe Mickey then Studios the second day then buffalo bills - i know it starts at 6.30 but how early do you have to get there ? could we get studios done in a day or would it be best to go for the later one ?

Then Magic kingdom /disneyland park the next day eating at one of the buffets possibly plaza gardens ??

Just wondering if everything will be open restaurant wise and if there is anything on over easter thats a bit different ??

Anyway enough from me for now :)

Mrsya

Hi! Never been at Easter but just wanted to say welcome to a fellow 30-something disney addict!

I like the idea of Annette's as a first night meal. We eat as soon as we arrive though and think the lure of the park might be too hard to resist for my 4 year old!

moonloo

Welcome, Im another 30+ and we are have been over Easter before. It was busy, the CM told me that Easter Sunday is a big deal in France. To be honest I would say it was no busier than an off peak weekend so not unbearable at all, especially as you say your kids are old enough to deal with the waiting!
I seem to remember they did have Easter egg mazes and props and stuff in the village but cant remember whether there was an Easter Egg hunt? This was 4 years ago (my memory is awful)!!
I do remember when I went over Easter as a child not long after the park opened they had Easter Eggs handed out by people in the park...

Are you there during the Spring festival? We were there for the soft opening this year and it was fab!! Lots of lovely topiary and flower displays, performances and special character meets like rapunzel at Caseys corner.

Im sure lots of other people will be able to be more helpful, but just wanted to say Hi!! Our next trip is 23rd March, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Moonloo  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

princessjodiebo

We arrive easter sunday for 3 nights - kids are happy as it means they get their eggs early hahaha

When is the spring festival on and do they have anything different decoration wise in spring ?