Charging purchases to hotel card

Started by NanaPond, June 11, 2014, 11:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanaPond

Hi all,

Can anyone advise if it is possible to charge all purchases including meals from counter service and quick service  restaurants to our hotel charge account card.

Trying to budget but dont want to carry too  much cash around.  Will have hands full with 2 young grandaughters, their parents and hubby - all cant wait as 5 weeks to go!

Thanks all.

never2old

Yes, you can charge any purchases to your card

Note that the card will not be valid anymore after you check out on your last day - so if you're spending your last day in the parks, be sure to have some cash with you (or use a credit card)

Mileto

We pay everywhere with credit card, no problem.
I haven't heard of this  "hotel charge account card". We guarantee our disney reservation with credit card and it is already paid on arrival day.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

never2old

Quote from: Mileto on June 11, 2014, 01:55:33 PM
We pay everywhere with credit card, no problem.
I haven't heard of this  "hotel charge account card". We guarantee our disney reservation with credit card and it is already paid on arrival day.

The hotel card basically replaces your credit card in the parks; when you check in you can give your credit card details, and they'll give you a paper card you can use to pay for all purchases, which are then charged to your room. Then you'll have one single payment with all your expenses, instead of lots of little ones. And you can also leave your credit card safe in your room while you go out to the parks....

Mileto

Thank you, never2old! Didn't know that!  ;)

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

never2old

No problem  :)

They don't always offer it to you, I've sometimes had to request it myself when doing the check-in. But we always go for it, I find it very useful...

NanaPond

Thanks to all for help and advice, especially Never2old, on hotel charge card.

Adam

May be worth checking the exchange rate for the hotel, your currency and any good cards if from the UK to make sure you are getting the best price - if one is better than the rest, it may be worth using it for all your purchases.