Hotels outside disney

Started by andlorna, April 29, 2014, 09:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andlorna

Hi has anybody stayed at any of these hotels Hipark Serris-Val d'Europe  and Park & Suites Prestige Val d'Europe, as we are considering staying at them, we are big Disney fans and we try to get to Disney at least once a year, but always staying in a Disney hotel. we are really interested in purchasing annual passes as Disney packages are becoming so expensive for the dates when we go { mostly childrens school holidays }.  also if we buy day ticket for the park will that price be deducted of the annual ticket price thanks. :)
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

LotsoHugginBear

Be carefull with the day tickets and the annual pass! Buy only a 1-day-ticket! All other will not be accepted for the annual pass.

I've never been at the Hipark but heard many positive reports. Only bad thin is, if you book a so called "Studio" room you will only get a room with a sofa bed. So if you need a proper bed book a higher category.

captain rocket

You don't need to buy a day ticket for the parks, just buy and pay for an annual passport at the gates of the park and you will be given a temporary pass to enter the park and go to the AP office to do all the paperwork and receive your passport.You can also buy AP's on some French websites which would give you a discount and you receive an email with a temporary ticket to enter the park.

andlorna

Thanks for the information, do you need a sponsor if your buying at the gates and inside the park ?
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

never2old

You don't need a sponsor, but if you have one you'll get a discount price :)

The Hipark is excellent, we stayed there in February and will probably go back in a couple of weeks (hoping to book tomorrow). Don't let the sofa bed deter you, it looked very comfortable (my daughter slept in it, and when I tried it it felt like a proper bed). The rooms are not huge but are nicely furnished, and very comfortable. Breakfast is not included (I think it's 13 EUR per adult), and really good  :D There's also an underground car park (also not included in the price) but we had no problem finding a spot in the street. And it's really REALLY close to the parks. If you park in the Disney Village it's a 2 minute drive (with an AP you can park the whole day there for 2 EUR, except on weekends). They also have a shuttle to the parks, we were driving so didn't really try it, but it stopped right outside the hotel. And the Val d'Europe shopping center is really close, if you want to go there for a meal or a bit of shopping, it's a 5 minutes walk. Really great hotel  :D Oh, and if you go during the summer, they have a pool that looked really nice!

We stayed in the Park & Suites last year, it's not bad but not as nice as the Hipark...  The rooms felt a bit more dated, but other than that it was OK. It is a bit further away and in the middle of nowhere, not sure I would go there without a car. I think there's a bus not too far away though.

If there isn't much of a price difference, I would go for the Hipark. Otherwise, and if you're driving, the Park & Suites is not a bad choice, if we hadn't found a good price for the Hipark we would probably be going back there on our next trip  :D

twentythingamabobs

I completely agree with Never2Old, I have stayed at both hotels and preferred the HiPark. One of the main reasons for this is the proximity to the park - the shuttle bus is really handy and if you want to leave at a time when the bus isn't due then it is a really easy 10 minute walk to the IMAX entrance of Disney Village. The shuttle at Parks and Prestigue was not reliable at all - on Halloween night last year we waited 2 hours for it as they only have the one bus and it had broke down! You can imagine how infuriating it was to miss a chunk of the party :( The hotel is in the middle of nowhere so couldn't walk, couldn't get another bus and there were no taxis to be had. Every time we went for the bus it was at leas 20 minutes late. The hotel reception were not bothered at all by our complaints. The only thing I would say about HiPark is they do not change your towels unless you are staying over 7 days, they charge you €1 euro per towel if you request fresh ones.

never2old

Just booked our next stay in the Hipark :)

If you use code RDC2014 on your booking you get 15% discount :) (thank you Radio Disney Club!!)