Tell me about the run up to Christmas at DLP pretty pls!

Started by Gemma W, February 10, 2014, 09:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemma W

Hi
We have just booked to go back to DLP for the start of Dec as I am desperate to see it all dressed for Christmas so I wondered if anyone could give me a little insight into what happens in the parks etc. Do they decorate all the lands? Do all the shops have lots of Christmas goodies in? Do they change the parades and dreams? xx

captain rocket

Only Main Street and Town Square gets the full makeover, there is a large tree in the square and Christmas garlands with Mickey shaped decorations across Main Street. Some of the shops have Christmas decorations etc for sale.For the last two years there has been a Christmas Cavalcade three times a day, usually around 11.00. 12.30 and 13.30. Last year it was greatly improved over the previous one and DLRP did state that it would be added to each year! There was a special version of Dreams for last Christmas and it would be reasonable that this would show again this year.  Disney magic on Parade was led by elves and santa's sleigh (from the cavalcade) but apart from that, it was the usual parade.
Disney have shown a real commitment to both Christmas and Halloween which makes both times great times to visit the parks, I will be there for both again this year! I hope you enjoy your trip.
P.S. Search you tube and you will find videos of the Cavalcade and tree lighting ceremony

grovesie

Gemma W

Wow your pictures are fantastic! Thanks so much for putting the link on! I cant wait to go now!

seony141010

Hi

We go Dec 1st for 5 days, not been at Christmas time for a while so very excited.
Believe in the magic
Em xx

Gemma W

Ah we will be there for some of the same time. We are there from 30th Nov until 3rd Dec! Where are you staying?

seony141010

Hi Gemma w
We go 1st dec till tge 5th, staying at the newport bay.
I've not been in December for 6 yrs so very excited as its simply awesome.  It will be our little boys first time. Where are you staying?
Believe in the magic
Em xx

Gemma W

Ah sounds fab! We are staying at DCR as we are going with my parents too. We went to WDW a couple of years ago in late Nov and loved the Christmassy feeling so much that I have begged DH to let us go to DLP this yr in the run up too. Like you I am soooo excited!

LotsoHugginBear

There is Santa at his village as well. You can take a photo with Santa and give him a letter or a whislist. You can find Santas Village at Frontierland close to the Frontierland Depot.

bad-pink-tink

I was in DLP over Chritsmas

Main Street is where the most Christmas themeing is

as you walk in the gates you see Christmas decorations on Main Street Train Station
there is a huge Christmas tree at the top of main street with a fake snow Christmas scene in the central plaza area
there are 2 Christmas themed parades , during which fake snow falls
all along main street are overhead Christmas lights and decorations
there is another snowy Christmas scene at the end of main street near the castle
Dreams is a Christmas theme
there is a Santa village, with more snow scenes where you can meet Santa at Frontierland
all the hotels have Christmas decorations and many of the Characters have Christmas costumes
all the shops have a Christmas merchandise section

overall if you enjoy Christmas then you will love Disney during Christmas season

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016