Booked Newport Bay.. Right decision???

Started by GemmaT, January 24, 2014, 08:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GemmaT

Hi guys,
I've recently booked to go to DLP in March + am staying in the Newport Bay hotel. The past 2days I've been reading reviews which unfortunately have mostly been bad 😔  can anyone give me any reassurance or should I try to change ?? 
Thanks
Next visit December 2015 😃😃😃

Rapunzel1

We really enjoyed Newport Bay last August. We had a late breakfast there were no lines. Our room was large and clean. We loved the swimming pool. And i liked that everything is in one building. And what a building. Yes it is old but it still looks great when you walk from downtown disney to the hotel.

But this year we decided to go to a different hotel. The hotel is being refurbished and the pool is closed. I do not like building activities when i am staying at a hotel. So right now i would opt for Sequoia.

Lucylouby

We have just swopped today.  We were staying in the Newport bay, but now staying in the sequoia lodge.  The Newport bay pool will be out of action pretty much all year, apparently it has a leak so it's a big job to,sort out.  The restaurants are also being renervated, but we were told there would always be one of them open, but with three young children, spending as much money as we are doing, we wanted to stay somewhere completed.

gemma2806

I'd never say anything bad about the Newport as I had a lovely visit way back in 2003, in fact it was the first hotel I stayed in on my first trip to Disney. That being said on past visits to Sequoia I have spoken to several families who had originally booked the Newport and then changed. The hotel has lots of facilities and as such you pay a higher price to stay at this hotel, but what is the point of paying higher prices for facilities you cannot currently use. The hotel looks like it will be amazing after its refurb but I'd wait to stay there when it's finished so that you can appreciate the hotel as a whole. The refurbishments are extensive as the hotel is having a much needed over haul.

I would swop to another hotel and wait to stay here when the full refurbishment has been completed.