Disney with a 7 month old

Started by izzysfirstdisney, September 07, 2013, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izzysfirstdisney

Hello all,

We are planning on taking our little girl to Disney Paris in either Jan- Mar time next year, she will be 7 months by Jan

We have been a few times before and know that there is not many rides she can go on so want to make sure that we go if possible when as many she can go on are open as possible - Such as Casey Jones Jr etc which looking though were closed for the entire period of Jan this year- as was Buzz Lightyear etc, Small World

Are we best to avoid Jan for the smaller rides and maybe concentrate on the beginning of March instead? or is it complete pot luck and just book a time and hope- I am sure she will have a good time regardless

daddyof2

I'm going to be honest, but that doesn't mean I'm right (only voicing my opinion). We've held off taking ours until next summer, when our youngest will be nearly 2 - we thought they wouldn't get that much out of it . I've read that some rides and attractions are closed in winter, but you should have the bonus of it being quieter overall so you might get more of a personal service, and character interaction. Get a snuggly snowsuit for the little one and just enjoy every moment of wonder in their eyes

amanda08

Have you thought about the february half term? Yes it's busier but still one of the quieter holidays -  and last year there were hardly any closures when the French were off school.

otherwise I would suggest May - normally the weather is fine and if you avoid the bank holidays it is not too busy at all - its our second favourite time of year to go  :)

PrincessA

My family went when my sister was 4 months and it was fine. You could try wheeling the little one around the Alice maze or do the train ride round the park. As for when rides are open, I would suggest March as that's when the casey jnr bit seems to have been open in my experience  :-)

izzysfirstdisney

Hiya,

Many thanks for all the replies,

I was not clear in the last post, the reason we were picking that time slot was we were lucky enough to win a holiday to stay at the Disney Hotel! for 4 nights but we needed to take it between Jan and March

We have sat down and decided to go with the Jan 13th - 17th, with the park quieter it will be nice and we will just cross our fingers that not too many rides will be closed when we go

daddyof2

Oh, well just go and cross your fingers - if you get some snow I bet it'll look amazing. Get plenty of good photos and go again in a year or 2, and let us know how you get on  :)

bellefan75

Your trip sounds fantastic! We went in March when ours were three and a half and 15months. Some tips off the top of my head (excuse the randomness)...

The baby care centres are really useful. Clean and peaceful and a bit of calm away from the hustle & bustle. The only slight prob was that to buy any baby food to use in the one in WDS, you had to leave the centre and pop to the shop next door (baby tucked under arm). buggies must stay outside (obviously).

We were told by cast members on the day that if the baby will sit on your lap, then they can go on any rides that don't involve safety bars etc. So that included It's a small world and Pirates of the Caribbean! Result!!
If you are all going on a ride, you'll have to leave your buggy unattended at the ride entrance. Take a bike lock!

I have been there in February one year, and it was bone-achingly cold! Much much colder than the weather we left behind in Manchester! Download the BBC weather app and keep an eye on it!

Thankfully, you won't have to worry about the shuttle buses....absolute nightmare with a buggy! The walk back to our hotel (Cheyenne) was lovely anyway.

It's a bit of a walk, but the garage at the entrance to the Santa Fe sells loads of baby food/drinks/nappies/wet wipes. There is a shop at the train station, but their stock was limited by comparison.

Hope this was helpful! if I think of anything else, I'll come back to you... ;D

1996~ Santa Fe & Davy Crockett Ranch
1997~ Cheyenne
1997~ Sequioa Lodge
2005~ Santa Fe
2005~ Sequoia Lodge
2007~ Santa Fe
2008~ Newport Bay Club
2013~ Hotel Cheyenne
2016~ Hotel Cheyenne
2018~ Hotel Cheyenne