Getting from CDG to DLP

Started by DisneyStar23, August 13, 2013, 02:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyStar23

It will my first time at DLP in October and I will be on my own with my 6 year old, both not used to travelling. We are staying at Sequoia Lodge, which would be the easiest way for us to get there? Was thinking the Shuttle Bus, how do I book this/pay? Thanks :)

mickeyspal

We haven't travelled by plane since 2004, preferring instead the Eurostar; but when we did go to CDG we always purchased our tickets on board the VEA shuttle buses. It may have changed since our last time, I think I read in another post that there is a ticket booth near the bus stops. :D
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

DisneyStar23

Ah good to know can purchase them on board, thanks!

gemma2806

I always fly to CDG and have always used the VEA shuttle as when flying with Air France you exit baggage claim and are right at the shuttles. It's not a cheap option as the RER train is better value but for the convenience of just taking my luggage to a coach and letting the driver worry about getting to the hotel, I would rather just sit comfortably and be driven to the hotel.

I also stay at the Sequoia and it is the second hotel to be dropped off at so it takes about 45 mins to get from the airport to the hotel. Again this is longer than the RER but I don't mind sitting back and taking in some of the views and sights of surrounding Paris.

I always purchase the tickets in advance with my holiday package but there are several options for getting the tickets. If you've booked through Disney direct you can get them to add the tickets on to your booking. You can purchase the tickets direct from the VEA website or you can wait till you get to the airport and head to the VEA desk which is in the corridor as you go to catch the shuttle.

One word of warning though, when you get the return coach make sure you aim for an earlier one than you need as you will be the second to last hotel to be picked up and if it is busy the coach may be full and you will have to wait for the next one. For example my flight leaves at 18:45 so the latest coach I would catch to get to the airport would be the 16:30 however I always aim for the 15:45 just to be sure. H

missoverexcited

I have been wondering about this too, thanks for the tips!

orangarnold

The train is slightly cheaper and only takes ten minutes between the two...

DLRP Roundup!

Another vote for the train, if you're travelling with a fairly sane amount of baggage, hop on the train (It's a tad more expensive to pay on board but it saves waiting in a fairly big queue) and stand in the doorway until your at DLP (Around 9 minutes). Have the little one keep looking out the right side windows, you can spot the parks in the distance.

Once off the train you can take a free yellow bus to the hotel to check in, but the Sequoia is well within walking distance round the lake and is a big more magical! It's about a 7-10 minute walk from the train station.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

captain rocket

I would always recommend the TGV (train) for the return the trip both ways as it only takes ten minutes and you do not have the concern, on the return trip, of waiting for the bus to turn up or the worry if you have a hold up on the motorway, I would'nt stand in the doorway as recommended by Trekkie 101, you get an allocated reserved seat and travel in comfort!

DLRP Roundup!

Haha quite right! I was too lazy to find my seat!
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

orangarnold

My friend had it in her head we should get a taxi, until I pointed out the time differences.... LOL