Trip-report, 16th to 20th May, complete

Started by BlackPearl, May 29, 2013, 10:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Shame about the weather but more lovely photos.
I now know what I want to spend my money on when I get there! I want that t shirt!  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

gemma2806

That is a brilliant t-shirt I shall keep an eye out for that when I'm there as part of my brother's Christmas present!

BlackPearl

Yeah, that shirt is great. And it took really, really, really MUCH self-control not to buy it (yet), because my wardrobe is full to the top. (in fact it collapsed this morning - no kidding  :shock:  )  
But if the shirt is still available next year, I don't know, if my self-control will be so strong  ;)

Here are some pictures I wanted to put to the fourth day:

And now our last day:

Sadly our last day started. After packing we went for breakfast
the breakfast buffet

...and once again took the shuttle-bus as it was already raining (not heavily but annoyingly).

We first visited the Disneyland park and did a bit of Shop-Sightseeing, before we entered the castle. It was rather crowded, as the weather wasn't very good, but we climbed the stairs and just waited a bit, until the stream of visitors ebbed away and we could have an undisturbed look at the stained glass windows.
      Well, you can't miss that window!

We braved the rainy balcony outside and the rooftops still look good, even in pouring rain.

The glassblower downstairs was our next visit. I took some time to look at the shop itself, which has so many details around the walls, and on the shelfs above.

After that we gave PotC a try, but we would have had to wait outside in the rain, so we skippd that and returned to the Discovery arcade and it's shops.

At last we left the Disneyland Park and made another quick visit to the Studios, my friend wanted to check on Crush's, but even with the pouring rain the waiting time was already 90 minutes. After some last photos and shopping we finally left Disneyland and headed back to the hotel, packed the car and said Goodbye (....until next year  :D)

Oh, here are some "stars", we discovered right in front of World of Disney (guess we stomped right over them at our last visit, or they are new:

Well, that's all folks, for this trip  :mickey2:  :minnie:

gemmasteele84

great report, love all the photos of the details in the shops. As I've mainly been with 2 young kids I don't get the chance to see these myself! :)

tubbsy

Lovely report and photos.
Glad you had a good time if a soggy one in places!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Sal

Thank you for a great trip report.  :D  I love your pictures - especially those form the shops. I haven't had the time to dwell on details in the shops as I've got 3 children to look after.  :)  I think next time I'll take some time to look inside more shops.
Sal
September 2010 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
June 2011 DLP Hotel New York
July 2012 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
September 2013 Hotel New York

BlackPearl

Thanks, Sal,
well, I guess it really is hard to look for details when looking for the children also. I've never visited
Disneyland with kids, but if my nephew (4 and a half now) wants to go some day
with his two aunties, I will experience that, too. Can't wait, because I want to see the look on his face, when
he sees all that for the first time.

Minne&Mickey92

great trip report :) loved the pictures and the info on  yacht club really helped as we didnt eat there last year thinking it would be all fish ! ( which my awkward bf doesnt like) :P. shame about the weather but it never really does spoil the magic does it :D

BlackPearl

Quote from: "Minne&Mickey92"great trip report :) loved the pictures and the info on  yacht club really helped as we didnt eat there last year thinking it would be all fish ! ( which my awkward bf doesnt like) :P. shame about the weather but it never really does spoil the magic does it :D

You can also check the actual menu of the Yacht Club at a sign bord in front of the restaurants. When we stayed there, there also was an information about the menus at the conciergerie.

Well, the weather wasn't soo good, but  we had expected even worse, as the weather forecast for these days had been really bad. But we had a great time nonetheless (there's a saying: there's no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing  ;)  (hope I translated that correctly))  And three sunshine-days out of five isn't so bad either.

Asma

Amazing! great report and beautiful pictures :D thanks for sharing  BlackPearl  :thumbs: