First visit help required....are meal vouchers worth it?

Started by lyd7585, October 17, 2013, 06:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyd7585

Hi all

We arrive in Disney (2 adults) late on 7th Nov and stay till 10th Nov.

Are the meal vouchers worth it? Was thinking of doing standard half board?

But looking around at some of the prices for meals, would we be better of just paying for our meals?

Any advice appreciated :)

JediBUZ

I dont necessarlly think there the bargain that Disney would like you to believe they are but if you use them wisely they are worth it.  The big thing for me is paying upfront seems physiologically better than spending an absolute fortune whilst your are there.
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

Mac

Have mentioned this on other threads but worth repeating as no one seems to disagree so far. As far as we all can tell the meal vouchers save you upto 10% and you are limited to certain menus and places you can use them. If you are going to the parks more than 2 days then its worth getting an annual pass as it gives you exactly 10% of all food in the park and hotels and most of Disney Village. So gives you the flexibility and better savings. If you are getting tickets for the parks from your package then you have to figure out if you will be coming back again to use an annual pass to make it worth it. You can always save the tickets for friends or sell them on and get something back that way. I will be there in November on your dates so if you would like a sponsorship discount for APs let me know. =) ºoº

ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº

bad-pink-tink

Honestly to me, I would never think of getting meal vouchers. Paying for food in advance and being limited to certain menus &then having to top up if you want to change from the meal voucher menu all seems a waste to me. When Im in Disney I'm never really bothered about food,other than breakfast which is included in the hotels I don't eat at regular meal times. I would rather just see how I feel through out the day,eating when ever and wherever I feel and not have a rigid plan to stick to. The meal plan vouchers to me are just a clever way for Disney to gain extra income, sucking people in, making them think that they have to take the meal vouchers. Then when you get there, you feel obligated to us them, even though you might not want to eat in that particular restaurant or from that particular menu.

Also for people on a budget I would rather eat less and just have snacks and sandwiches rather than eat in the restaurants for lunch and dinner every day. By having a very small food budget I can have another day in the park
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016