Dining over Easter weekend

Started by Tubbyherman, February 03, 2013, 10:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubbyherman

Hi, just starting to make plans of where to eat for our trip 27-30 March. It will be my son's birthday whilst we're there so we want to go somewhere extra special that day. We've got the half board plus dining plan, and will use the vouchers for our evening meal. I was planning on:

27 March - Cafe Mickey
28 March - Inventions
29 March - Parkside diner

Would appreciate some advice though:

Does anyone who's been recently know what is on the set menu at Cafe Mickey?
Can you remember how much extra I would need to pay per adult and child to upgrade for the buffet at Inventions?
Many of the reviews I've read aren't very complimentary about the Parkside Diner, we like the buffet option for the kids, what's your view? We'd normally go to Plaza Gardens, the kids love it there, but with these vouchers we'd lose money.

Thanks in advance.

Tubbyherman

Anyone able to help please? Views on the Parkside Diner buffet would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Elaine

I've only been once, but both my daughter and I liked the Parkside Diner, I'd go again, there was plenty of choice for both of us.

Tubbyherman

Thanks Elaine.  Pretty sure we're going to dine as above, but not sure about whether to consider Walts instead. Pretty sure the kids would rather the character dining, but in 9 trips we've never experienced Walts. Probably better for when the kids get older.

sarahmumof4

We went to cafe Mickey when we went 2 years ago and loved it so much we went twice in one visit.
We went yesterday at lunchtime and I was really disappointed.
The menu wasn't as good . The kids choice was pretty poor and they didn't enjoy the food that they ordered.
My pizza was burnt and not nice.
They don't do kids activity packs now , last time they did and the kids still have them.
Last time the kids drinks came in cafe Mickey cups which we have only just thrown out . This time it was just a normal glass.
We ate at planet Hollywood on Tuesday and thought it was great. lads of choice, food came out quickly and the kids loved the kinder eggs they got after we paid.
Hope that helps a bit
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

Tubbyherman

Thanks Sarah, I've not heard many people speak of good experiences recently at Cafe Mickey. Did you have vouchers, and  if so can you remember roughly what was on the set menu? I'm still undecided over this choice, but the kids really want to. We tend to eat early, usually around 5.30-6, so I wonder if this will have any bearing on the quality of service?

sarahmumof4

We didn't have vouchers this time.
Not sure if eating would have any bearing on the quality if service. I guess you could ask  on the trip planning bit what times people have eaten there and see what the response is.
Can't remember what was on the set menu but if you look on the main DLRP site at dining the menus are on their. I looked after we got back and am pretty sure the menu is the current one.
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄