Security

Started by Sully, December 01, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sully

Was at DLRP last week for the first time in 8 years and surprised to see you now get your bags searched or scanned on the way into the parks and Disney Village.

Now I'd hate to see anything horrible happen at Disney, but the whole thing seemed a little pointless, especially when it got too busy, they just stopped doing the checks (like at the end of the day, when there was a huge swarm of people heading to the Village when the park closed).

Surely if you wanted to cause trouble at Disney, you'd go through when the security wasn't there (the hotel entrance security only worked during the day) or you'd hide whatever you had (knife, bomb, gun etc) about your person as it was only bags which were being checked.

aklyja

My family and I said exactly the same thing when we were there a couple of weeks ago.  Our son has a kiddiezoom camera in its own bag which he carried most days - that was never checked once.  And after Fantillusion we weren't checked at all when going back to the hotel, although we were quite happy about that as given the amount of people there were bag checks would have taken forever!

Sully

A couple of times I went through into Disney Village and they were checking bags at the main entrance, but not at the one 20 yards away on the right!  Seems very odd to me!

captain rocket

We have mentioned Disney Village on here before, checks at the main gate but nothing from the other end! You can just walk in beside the Rainforest cafe and McDonalds. Disney security in this respect is a joke!

thebritishfrog

Yeah this has come up before...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12185
:-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

davewasbaloo

Agreed, I was there the day bag checks appeared - 9/11 and they have been there ever since. But they are there for show in the main, they are pointless. There are other holes in the system, but I would rather not mention them as they could make things worse.
since 2001 (many before that)

captain rocket

Thats a fair comment, Dave. However, this security must cost Disney money and it just seems to be money wasted! Thank God security is better at the airports ans train stations!!

DLRP Roundup!

To be honest, DLP probably aren't too concerned with bombs etc because if someone really wanted to, they will.

However it will function as a deterrent to anyone brining in alcohol, drugs and possible small weapons, they're discouraging the non professional criminals rather than the pro's. Even CCTV can be a good deterrent when visible.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts