You know I really miss.......

Started by RockNRoller, September 26, 2010, 03:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esmeralda

I really miss Space Mountain-de la Terre a la Lune, Adventureland Bazar with all these little shops and maroccan craftsmen. The atmosphere was just amazing!!! In 1994 when i visited DlP for the first time they sold stuff themed by the lands, for example a Minnie plush dressed as a belly dancer in Adventureland, they had stickers, post cards and much more always matching the area...
They had more clothing for men, tableware... Each store sold its own stuff...Recently I'm dissapointed that Cowboy Cookout changed to a buffet restaurant. And i miss a show on Castle Stage, especially Le Livre Magique de Mickey!!! And there used to be pens, letter paper etc each with the Hotels logo on it... Last thing- i miss the Lion King and Pocahontas Show!!! Nevertheless i love Disneyland Paris!!!
Julia

Patrick89

Quote from: "esmeralda"I really miss Space Mountain-de la Terre a la Lune, Adventureland Bazar with all these little shops and maroccan craftsmen. The atmosphere was just amazing!!! In 1994 when i visited DlP for the first time they sold stuff themed by the lands, for example a Minnie plush dressed as a belly dancer in Adventureland, they had stickers, post cards and much more always matching the area...
They had more clothing for men, tableware... Each store sold its own stuff...Recently I'm dissapointed that Cowboy Cookout changed to a buffet restaurant. And i miss a show on Castle Stage, especially Le Livre Magique de Mickey!!! And there used to be pens, letter paper etc each with the Hotels logo on it... Last thing- i miss the Lion King and Pocahontas Show!!! Nevertheless i love Disneyland Paris!!!

I totally agree with you. Nice to see that other people feel the same "pain" concerning the alteration in DLP. :thumbs:
As it was already said in other threads: All the changes you mentioned go hand in hand with a loss of the original atmosphere and thus a loss of the old Disneyland. Concerning the souvenirs: I have already written it somewhere else: I have a great wooden Davy Crockett gun at home, bought in 1995, today they offer blue-red plastic guns. None of the shops is unique anylonger, because they all offer the same...stuff. And as you wrote it: The atmosphere was amazing. Today I'm often really disappointed when comparing the atmosphere of the past and today. I might sound like old people complaining about the youth, but I have to say: Everything was better in the past...
They really changed Cowboy Cookout to a buffet restaurant?? Oh my god, this was my favourite location to eat in the park  :(
But to not write an endless essay, I think I can sum it up in just one sentence: I miss the old Disneyland.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Festival Disney

Cowboy cookout is still a counter service for most of the day, but there's a "pastry buffet" every afternoon with the rubber heads :)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

captain rocket

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Cowboy cookout is still a counter service for most of the day, but there's a "pastry buffet" every afternoon with the rubber heads :)
Cowboy Cookout is a table service menu restaurant during the day and a pastry buffet in the afternoon. Was my favourite restaurant, but as the fixed price menu is 26 euros it looks like Fuento del Oro or Hakuna matata when I visit in October.

Riebi

I really miss that I can buy the expected things in the shops:
(just some  examples)
Ribbons & Bows Hat Shop: In the first - hm don´t know - ten years it was the first stop of my disneyland adventure. I bought here my hat for the trip. I was sooo sad to find just kiddy stuff one day. It´s a hat shop not a baby shop.

Harrington's Fine China & Porcelains: Were´s the "fine" china? I loved it. But today it´s hard to find something cool between all this mugs.

Adventure Bazar: It was so wonderful to see all this craftsmans work. And the wonderfull baglava. Together with a litte cup of fresh mint tea (also available at the shops there) it was heaven on earth.

I also miss the pirate liquorice candy which you could buy at the POTC shop and high quality merch. (My mother is searching for a new watch now since years. She bought her at main street but at the shop there are only low budget watches now.)

I also miss central plaza without a stage, le visionarium, space mountain I...
I miss the lucky nugget show and the mulan show. And I miss discoveryland.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

Glad I am not the only one. The place no longer feels like Disneyland because of all these cut backs
since 2001 (many before that)

kate&phoo

I also miss the different food vendors - on my first visit in 1992 I can remember eating gorgeous pretzels and crepes. Now all you get is popcorn and ice lollies *yawn*

MissDisneyisMagical

i really miss the lion king show
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="