You know I really miss.......

Started by RockNRoller, September 26, 2010, 03:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

I miss the geyser... I only saw it once, probably in our first visit, and I've been dying to see it again ever since!

dagobert

Quote from: "seanmartina"The way the park used to be!!!

Unfortunately I don't know how the park used to be in the first years, but friends told us and now I want the park how it used to be, too.

Quote from: "never2old"I miss the geyser... I only saw it once, probably in our first visit, and I've been dying to see it again ever since!

I have never seen they geyser. I can't remember if it was working in summer of 2000, but it definately wasn't working in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010.
I want to see it working.

disneyloverjessie

whats the Geyser? :)
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

Festival Disney

Quote from: "disneyloverjessie"whats the Geyser? :)

This was the Geyser... it's to the right of Phantom Manor  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

disneyloverjessie

oh right yea, i know what you mean now :))
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

RockNRoller

Spotted another one last night, I really miss the santa coat they used to put on the Fantasia fountain Mickey in the Studios forecourt. Also miss the Christmas parade, when the whole parade was festive not just the last float and the whole of Main Street was singing Chante Cest Noel, (sigh)
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

never2old

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Spotted another one last night, I really miss the santa coat they used to put on the Fantasia fountain Mickey in the Studios forecourt. Also miss the Christmas parade, when the whole parade was festive not just the last float and the whole of Main Street was singing Chante Cest Noel, (sigh)

Oh, I loved that Santa coat!! I was really upset when it didn't come back...

lauramumof3

the whole atmosphere, smells and sounds everything i just love it!
and as for the park being like it used to be? no i like it the way it is now! but i suppose it was newer looking and i remember the bazaar bit - that area doenst really do much now does it. oh and the fireworks i havent seen them for about 10 years!
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

I miss things about not being there, mainly the first ting ting tings  :D  of Chante C'est Noel, makes me cry when I hear it at home and my heart ache wanting to be at DLP to hear it...
Sequoia Lodge 2007
Sequoia Lodge 2008
2011 DCR Yipeee 3rd Christmas as DLP!!

disneyloverjessie

I miss the electrical parade! :(
I used to love that soo much :))

Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

britincgn

As someone mentioned I do miss the Xmas arches and had hoped that at some time they would return but in the Studios.....
Its always been hard to get some atmosphere in the Studios and I believe this would be a perfect addition for xmas,after all at WDW they were also at Epcot and not MK.

davewasbaloo

I really miss when you would not see these signs of decay:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-r ... pdate.html
since 2001 (many before that)

stacey-claire

Think the thing i miss most is just waking up at disney, knowing that your gonna have an amazing day, and just the general feeling you get when your there, its amazing xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

RockNRoller

I miss the giant figures that used to be in Disney Village (See the thread on old DV photo's) annd although I didn't like the towers I loved the effect of the net lights spreading out over them, at night obviously.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I really miss the Main Street Electrical Parade, probably even more since May 6th 2008 when our son was born and the MSEP song was playing at the time of his birth! As much as Fantillusion is fun, it wasn't as charming as the MSEP. Speaking of which, I heard on a recent podcast (from Zip A De Do Pod) the original song from which the MSEP song was derived from - was an odd but strangely fascinating stripped down version.

Streetmosphere - they have bring this back. It made Studios some a little less spaced when you had those guys and gals performing and getting people interacting.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13