How many sleeps till your next trip?

Started by carrydee38, August 29, 2010, 08:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyRon

Quote from: Andybear on August 26, 2014, 10:18:13 PM
Great isn't it  :D  I tend to eat at counter service restaurants plus King Ludwig's Castle - more money to spend on souvenirs (and a cocktail in the hotel bar before going to bed!)  Plus I'm a bit of a fussy eater so the counter service places are better for me.  Having said that, I'm staying in Sequoia Lodge and having dinner in Beaver Creek Tavern on my last night.  I also did that last time I stayed there  :D

Well I did book Full Board Premium to go with my visit, so I'm making use of it as much as I can. ;)
I'm not much of a fussy eater (allergic/intolerant to shrimp/lobster, but that's about it), so I tend to go for the fancier restaurants, especially when I'm on a plan. ;D
Relatively speaking they're not even that expensive, I've certainly paid more for meals when on trips elsewhere.

Starting off with Dinner at the California Grill on Sunday, Chez Rémy and Buffalo Bills for Monday, L'Auberge and Inventions for Tuesday, currently nothing on Wednesday, as I want to use it to visit the aquarium and the Manhattan was closed, with Walt's being my final stop for Lunch on Thursday before heading back to Paris to catch my Thalys home.

Andybear

Quote from: DisneyRon on August 26, 2014, 10:41:25 PM
Quote from: Andybear on August 26, 2014, 10:18:13 PM
Great isn't it  :D  I tend to eat at counter service restaurants plus King Ludwig's Castle - more money to spend on souvenirs (and a cocktail in the hotel bar before going to bed!)  Plus I'm a bit of a fussy eater so the counter service places are better for me.  Having said that, I'm staying in Sequoia Lodge and having dinner in Beaver Creek Tavern on my last night.  I also did that last time I stayed there  :D

Well I did book Full Board Premium to go with my visit, so I'm making use of it as much as I can. ;)
I'm not much of a fussy eater (allergic/intolerant to shrimp/lobster, but that's about it), so I tend to go for the fancier restaurants, especially when I'm on a plan. ;D
Relatively speaking they're not even that expensive, I've certainly paid more for meals when on trips elsewhere.

Starting off with Dinner at the California Grill on Sunday, Chez Rémy and Buffalo Bills for Monday, L'Auberge and Inventions for Tuesday, currently nothing on Wednesday, as I want to use it to visit the aquarium and the Manhattan was closed, with Walt's being my final stop for Lunch on Thursday before heading back to Paris to catch my Thalys home.

Fair enough  ;D  I haven't booked a meal plan.  I did look into getting Half Board Plus but it would work out more expensive for me than paying for meals individually.  I'm looking at going to Billy Bob's (the bar bit, not the buffet), Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, Hakuna Matata, The Lucky Nugget, King Ludwig's Castle and Beaver Creek Tavern.  Chicken and ribs is my favourite sort of food so I'll be well catered for  :D

DisneyRon

Quote from: Andybear on August 26, 2014, 11:59:35 PM
Fair enough  ;D  I haven't booked a meal plan.  I did look into getting Half Board Plus but it would work out more expensive for me than paying for meals individually.  I'm looking at going to Billy Bob's (the bar bit, not the buffet), Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, Hakuna Matata, The Lucky Nugget, King Ludwig's Castle and Beaver Creek Tavern.  Chicken and ribs is my favourite sort of food so I'll be well catered for  :D

Totally understandable, the cost of the meal plans is calculated assuming you're eating at the more expensive restaurants that fall within the plan, so if you're mainly after relatively quick meals then it doesn't really work out. Although Half-Board (or even full board) Standard would probably cover most of the restaurants you mentioned, perhaps even a Hotel plan.

The park and restaurants go hand in hand to let me really enjoy my time here (this is a true "get away from things" vacation for me), and Disney does have some terrific restaurants on site, so if possible I try to get a meal plan as I enjoy the convenience as well as the "luxury" of eating fancy things for a couple of days. Besides, it is one of the few locations I've been where going to a fancy restaurant doesn't take hours because you're waiting on dishes, food tends to arrive promptly which is quite rare. :D
And the buffets here are generally amazing, I was quite sad to learn that Agrabah Bazaar would be closed as I wanted to have a look there, it was closed last time I was here as well.

msRavenswood

BoristheSpider

michellemumof2xx

First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Andybear

Now 15  ;D ;D  My travel documents arrived a few days ago - they're in a dinky little folder which will be ideal for putting postcards, leaflets, tickets, receipts in etc - I always keep that stuff.  I booked it with the Walt Disney Travel Company.

DisneyManiac

stormflm595

August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

amanda08

Just back from Disney last night so time for the new countdown to begin :D :D

41 :D :D

and 81 till our xmas trip which I am VERY excited by now that Anna, Elsa and Merida are confirmed ;D ;D ;D

msRavenswood

Quote from: amanda08 on August 30, 2014, 04:02:47 PM
Just back from Disney last night so time for the new countdown to begin :D :D

41 :D :D

and 81 till our xmas trip which I am VERY excited by now that Anna, Elsa and Merida are confirmed ;D ;D ;D

I hope you had a marvellous time Amanda! You're so lucky to be visiting DLP again for Halloween and Christmas! :)

DisneyRon

14!!! ;D

Just two short weeks, one week until the start of my vacation time. :D

gothprincess

85! Slowly but surely it's getting closer.

DisneyManiac

49!

Star Tours Spaceport - Flights Departing Daily

Andybear

14 - this time in 2 weeks I'll be there - woo hoo!!!