Fewer shows for Summer 2010

Started by wishtown, July 01, 2010, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wishtown

I had heared:
No Good Morning  Main Street USA and No Good Morning WDS for this Summer.
No Show at Chaparal Stage.
No Buffalo Bill short Parade in Disney Village.

It´s right ?

Festival Disney

I was really hoping for the Good Morning Main Street this year  :(  It's a wonderfull piece of Streetmousefere!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Disney_Dreamer

the only shows that are cancelled that bother me are the HSM party and the Legend of the Lion King. They helped me make the trip to DLRP in 2008 more enjoyable. :(

Good Morning Main Street was a good show/parade but cause I don't remember it that well, I suppose it is not a big thing if I won't be able to see it again

Martyn

Quotethe only shows that are cancelled that bother me are the HSM party and the Legend of the Lion King

Yeah I'm gutted about the Lion King show too. Was good watching it whilst having a meal.

dejmurph1

When you think about it guests in DLP are really hard done by when compared to the entertainment offering in the US parks.  This year, even though the summer prices are at a premium to other times of the year, we have lost The Goofy Show in the Chapperal theartre having alreday lost Lion KIng and Tarzan.  What we are left with is basically a rehash of MMP show outside with no proper seating. Most US parks, some with smaller attendances that Paris, have at least 1 full theatrical style produvtion: DAK :Nemo and Lion KIng, DHS :Berauty & Beast, Indiana Jones SS, Fantasmic, Epcot: the amazing Illuminations with the Magic KIngdom the only one not to something similar but again more than made up for with their fireworks display and Specromagic. Let's not fool ourselves guys the Encahnted fireworks show is a cheap and tame imitation of anything in the US parks.  

Am I correct here, please tell if I am not,but are there any sit down theatre style shows on offer in DLP this summer? I am going again in August and for what it's worth and even though I will not get very far I will probaly drop by City Hall to complain.

I am crazy Disney fan but of late hate the way that DLP has stagnated.  Yes we have improvments at the Studios but we need some Euro to come across the boulevard to the main gate. Sorry for the rant by the way!

pussinboots

^^ Agreed. Has it ever been this bad? I can't believe there isn't a single worthwhile show in the park this summer.

captain rocket

I thought I read that the Tarzan show was on in peak season, but agree with everyone that we are really short changed compared to other Disney parks!

ulak

Yes, it is very BAD without some live shows... :(

Bring back The  Legend of the Lion King or Tarzan , please!!! :(
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

TimmyTimmyTimmy

All the money was spent on TSPL... yay...

RockNRoller

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"All the money was spent on TSPL... yay...
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you could at least try and keep it to the right thread.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

simonandwendy626

Hmmm, :hello:

Feeling a definite lack of Disney Love here guys. I'll admit it is a total bummer that there are no good shows on at the moment but this has happened before. When they took Mulan out of DLP we were really upset because we adored that show, and they replaced it with a very boring show about Mickey's birthday! But then they brought in The Legend of the Lion King and all was right in the world.
Now that's gone.
Tarzan's gone. Waaah! :cry:
But we don't go to DLP for the shows. They are just a lovely bonus. And what about the Studios? Animagique and Cinemagique? Then there's Stitch Catch a Wave, Stitch Live!
I am really looking forward to exploring TSPL myself.
And just think. Now they've finished that what exciting new things will be in store for us in the coming months?
If they were to bring back any shows I'd love for Mulan to return. Or Beauty and the Beast.
Oh the memories. Heavy sigh.

Have a Disney Day everyone :stitch:

15MagicalYears

Actualy, I do go to Disney for the shows. In my opinion it's what made the Disney parks so outstanding, the high quality, breath taking shows. They made some great memories.
I'm not saying the shows are the only reason I go to Disney is for the shows but they are a huge factor, just as much as the rides and theming.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "RockNRoller"
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you could at least try and keep it to the right thread.

All the money was spent on building TSPL.

seanmartina

We were there from july 26th untill 1 aug, and i must say compared to previous years, this is our 8th visit, the missing shows affected the experience in a big way, its the shows that made the visit, the streetmosphere, which is non existent now, under staffing was very evident around the parks this year, with staff being deployed to different parts of the parks, dressed in wrong uniforms for the area, one example of the cuts is the stunt show, used to be 6 black cars and a red car in the ballett section of act one, but now there is only 2 this carried on through the show.. less motorbikes... to have 3 theaters empty in high season in unthinkable, videopolis, chapperal, and the  the pooh show on the  fantasy stage.. staggered opening of many attractions, less service, but on the plus side for disney the parks were packed, 45 min waiting for alice in wonderland, 60 min for indy, and 60 min for star tours, these would normly be low waiting times...  people wont know the difference shows or no shows,but i think i am going to stop visiting for a while and hope things return to former glories..

Kristof

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"
Quote from: "RockNRoller"

All the money was spent on building TSPL.

You are incorrect, those are different budgets.