2009 Park Attendance Figures

Started by Martyn, June 08, 2010, 09:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

I'll find the link in a bit ok.......

BUT, big news, the Disneyland Park is the 4th most popular theme park in the WORLD! With 12,740,000 visitors in 2009. The only 3 parks that were more popular were the Magic Kingdom WDW 17,233,000 - Disneyland CA 15,900,00 & Tokyo Disneyland 13,646,000!

BAD news though, Walt Disney Studio's only managed 2,600,00 visitors last year. Which is shockingly low!

So maybe its the Studio's which is costing Disney so much? Or the hotels?

There must be something putting them at a loss, nearly 13m visitors to the main park would bring in mega bucks!

Edit heres the link: http://www.teaconnect.org/etea/2009ThemeIndex.pdf

pussinboots

This comes up each year, and each year it's the exact same thing — Disneyland Park comes in fourth, the Studios come in 23,924th, and then the knowledgeable fans contest, saying the numbers are skewed. First, because it's unlikely that Disneyland or Tokyo Disneyland never beats the Magic Kingdom (and Disney desperately wants the Magic Kingdom to forever be number one), second because the Paris system only counts the first park you enter with your pass. So if you enter the Disneyland Park first, which the vast majority does, then head off to the Studios later in the day, your Walt Disney Studios visit is not registered.

I'm inclined to believe that, because it makes so much sense — everyone buys their tickets at the Disneyland Park gates, of course, and then Main Street beckons... And frankly I don't think I've ever started a day at the Studios. And besides, the number just seems improbably low.

Still, whether the numbers are accurate or not, at least it makes the Disneyland Park seem popular the world over...

Martyn

Surely these figures are counted by the amount of times the turnstiles are turned?

montaguewarner

Well said pussinboots!

I get people asking me every single year why on the TEA attendance report it shows WDS as like the worlds least favourite park! It counts the first click and i have no idea who on earth would ever go to WDS first, especially with EMA etc when DLP opens 2 hours earlier! Don't take any notice of the WDS figure, it is likely to be on a par with DCA etc with around 6-8 million visitors! Not 2! :S

Grrr, it makes me so annoyed every year, the report should state this its always very misleading and makes WDS look awful!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe