Disney's Sequoia Lodge refurbishment (October 2010 - 2012)

Started by Kristof, May 27, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Today on Disney's Sequoia Lodge's birthday (opened officially on 27 May 1992) I can share an interesting "rumour".

A complete refurbishment from top to bottom appears to be in the works.  The rumour says basically everything will be ripped out and replaced.  And more interestingly, a plan exists that will turn Disney's Sequoia Lodge in Europe's first full ecological hotel.

I don't have more information, but it's enough to fuel some discussion.  :)

luke85

Very exciting prospect! It would be great for DLP to lead the way with ecological hotels. There are so many opportunities for DLP to become more green, and after yesterdays news that Autopia will soon be using hybrid engines,  I hope this is a sign of things to come at DLP.

I also just thought about the rumour that we heard a while ago, which suggested that the parking lot might get a green-makeover with the addition of new roofs which incorporate solar panels!

dagobert

Great news!!!

Sequoia Lodge really needs a big refurbishment. In our opinion the hotel is in such a bad condition, at least our room was.

Hopefully these rumours are true. I can't wait until construction starts. Maybe after the refurb we will stay in a Disney hotel again.

HildeKitten

That sounds awesome and exiting.
I just hope that they don't start the refurbishments when I'm there this summer!

Reiana

Any ideas/hints when this refurbishment is going to start?
We planned to go in september, so the selection of onsite hotels is shrinking. :?

Soap

Oh yeah, our favorite hotel getting a needed renovation would be great news!  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Disney Mum

It is our favourite hotel but a refurbishment is long overdue, the rooms were getting very tatty, so hopefully it will be finished before our 2011 trip so we can enjoy staying in a newly done room.  As a bit of an eco warrior myself it would be great to see Disney in general being more green  :D

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

electricdreams

The rooms specially need it but its just a rumour so dont hold our breath
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

Malin

I hope this rumour ends up being true and that its a start of a much longer programme to refurbish all the onsite Disney hotels. It will be interesting to see how the refurbishment if true pans out. I doubt Disneyland Paris will shut the hotel fully during any refurbishment.

dagobert

Quote from: "Malin"I hope this rumour ends up being true and that its a start of a much longer programme to refurbish all the onsite Disney hotels. It will be interesting to see how the refurbishment if true pans out. I doubt Disneyland Paris will shut the hotel fully during any refurbishment.

I think the best way will be to shut half of the hotel down, including one of the two restaurants. After the refurbish of the first half, they should start with the second half.

I also can imagine that Disney will refurbish one floor after another.

But maybe it is cheaper to shut the whole hotel down, although I highly doubt that Disney will do this.
At the moment Disney is also refurbishing the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim and the hotel is open to guests.

bigrossco

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "Malin"I hope this rumour ends up being true and that its a start of a much longer programme to refurbish all the onsite Disney hotels. It will be interesting to see how the refurbishment if true pans out. I doubt Disneyland Paris will shut the hotel fully during any refurbishment.

I think the best way will be to shut half of the hotel down, including one of the two restaurants. After the refurbish of the first half, they should start with the second half.

I also can imagine that Disney will refurbish one floor after another.

But maybe it is cheaper to shut the whole hotel down, although I highly doubt that Disney will do this.
At the moment Disney is also refurbishing the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim and the hotel is open to guests.

I couldn't see them shutting down the SL fully as it is still a very populor hotel with all guests I have spoken to a few now who are going there
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Timbo

I hope they change the decor to something a little more "rustic" . I find the current Frank Lloyd Wright style a little cold and bland , if they made it more like Wilderness Lodge at WDW it would be great !! (for me  , at least !!) The changes they made to Hunters Grill after opening were a big improvement , maybe it will end up more like that !

Adam

I doubt they would close the whole hotel. I expect they would close a floor at a time and refurbish them over a period - this is common practice in hotels. The difficulty comes when they have to refurbish the restaurant, reception and so on, which might result in some facility sharing between the hotels.

doombuggy

since i am planning on staying there in late Oct early Nov, I would like to hear more.  I wouldn't be thrilled to stay there during construction/rehab.
1974 - 1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW off site*1994 Contemporary *1997 WDW off site*1997 Polynesian* 1998 DL PAC*1999 DL Disneyland Hotel*2000 Coronado/Port Orleans*2001 WDW off site*2002 DL Disneyland Hotel*2002 WDW/HHB*2003 PO/Riverside*2003 WDW HHB*2004 Moved to Orlando*2006 DVC Member* 2006 DLR*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 GCH * 2009 BLT*2009 AKL*2010 OKW*2010 SSR*2010 DLP (DLH)

Martyn

That would probably do it one floor at a time?

Anywho, I dunno about this whole ecological thingy. I LOVE the Sequoia Lodge as it is, though the rooms could do with a major update. I just hope they keep it as it is, it has such a great atmosphere, and a very cosy feel to it.

(I got a survey not too long ago about DLP and how 'eco' friendly they are, think they're being a ott about it to be honest, there are plenty more companies out there doing a hell of a lot more damage.

One thing they could do to help though, is try and cut down on all the packaging they give out with their food in the parks. Either that or have recycling bins to put all the carboard in.

But aside from that, its no more un-eco than any other park really....)